Discuss welding shows, learning seminars, workshops and other events here.
vijay150609
    Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:15 am

Hello,

I am looking for info on the market size/potential of Aluminium welding consumables (MIG/TIG wires) in Europe. The more detailed the info (e.g. country wise, customers with consumption details, competitors etc.) the better. If anybody knows any sources of info which I can explore for this please inform me. I can also consider paying for such info, so if any firms/cos. provide such info please let me know about them too.

Regards
Vijay
vijay150609@yahoo.com
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Sorry, but Huh?
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Vijay,
Welcome to the forum. How about a introduction with a little background and your application for these consumables?
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Jonathan,

Read the original post. This is market research.

I doubt we need do anything with this user, he's unlikely to post again, since he'll get no answers.

I should copy this to another topic, as to why we're suspicious of such random posts... you know the topic.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:Jonathan,

Read the original post. This is market research.

I doubt we need do anything with this user, he's unlikely to post again, since he'll get no answers.

I should copy this to another topic, as to why we're suspicious of such random posts... you know the topic.

Steve S
Steve,
What's funny is I posted in the other thread and then found this one. I almost put a link there to here as well. Great minds think alike.
-Jonathan

Steve,
Upon re-read I would give it a few days to see if the OP responds and then delete this whole topic. My opinion.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Steve,
Upon re-read I would give it a few days to see if the OP responds and then delete this whole topic. My opinion.
-Jonathan
If this guy's for real, he's welcome.

But, since the only question he asked was about the market for aluminum consumables, that makes him "commercial", and I could have booted him instantly.

I always give the folk for whom English is a second language a moment, just to see.

I will be stunned if he comments again at all, and even more suprised if he comments in context on the thread.

Steve S
vijay150609

Hello Steve/Jonathan,

Yes I'm looking for market info as I stated in my post. My background - welding sales, then electrode production factory, now marketing. So if anybody can provide the info it'ld be great. Thanks.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

*FYI I am not from Europe, just to clarify*

We have plenty of members from Europe on here Vijay, but I don't know how many are going to comment on this.

A few questions are raised by your post.

Why do you need this information? Are you doing broad scale market research out of curiosity, or does the company you work for wish to expand into the European market, but isn't sure that it will be worth their time?

Most of the people on here, aside from Jonathan and possibly a few others, are in no position to accurately gauge the amount of product they use, let alone give a bespoke number for an entire region that they could provide any validity for.

For instance, yesterday I used roughly 4 feet of 1/8 rod making a long fillet weld. I don't know when the next time I weld something will be, let alone how much or how little I might use, so I doubt that really benefits what you are trying to accomplish.

I guess what I am trying to get at is that we would be more than willing to answer any questions you might have, but I don't know that any of us are in the position to provide you relevant answers to your research. Some of the members from Europe might drop the name and/or number of a company they weld for that might have a better, more pertinent answer for you, but I can't say for sure.
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Go back to the factory or sales. You are no go at market research. People spend years in college learning how to correctly analyse and research market trends and conditions. Entire companies are dedicated to market research. Tell your employer to hire a pro or a research company if they want any success in market research and expansion. At minimum attend trade events like Fabtec and set up research there. Those are your target customers
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Ever consider that this is his, or his companies first foray in to market research. As you said, its big business. I'll bet you didn't get things perfect the first time. And also consider the language/ culture difference.

Mick

vijay150609 wrote:Hello Steve/Jonathan,

Yes I'm looking for market info as I stated in my post. My background - welding sales, then electrode production factory, now marketing. So if anybody can provide the info it'ld be great. Thanks.
Thank you for responding back. I am seriously curious as to what specific information you want. Are you wanting to know what brands are out there? What brands we use? What type of alum wire we use? While we frown on members using this sight to get only what they need and give nothing in return you do have my curiosity. Are you wanting to market a product, brand or new filler composition? Please give us detailed information so we know exactly where you are coming from.
-Jonathan
vijay150609

Hello GreinTime,

Thanks for your comments. I'm searching for this info as my employer is looking to improve its current position in this product category. I was just hoping that, even if I don't get any firm numbers from any of the members here, somebody just might be able to direct me to some source - website/marketing research firm...anything - that I could further check to get the info. I just thought that members here just might know such sources. So any info that comes along, will be most appreciated.

Regards
Vijay
vijay150609

Superiorwelding wrote:
vijay150609 wrote:Hello Steve/Jonathan,

Thank you for responding back. I am seriously curious as to what specific information you want. Are you wanting to know what brands are out there? What brands we use? What type of alum wire we use? While we frown on members using this sight to get only what they need and give nothing in return you do have my curiosity. Are you wanting to market a product, brand or new filler composition? Please give us detailed information so we know exactly where you are coming from.
-Jonathan
Hello Jonathan,

Broadly the specific info that I am looking for is this: what is the total sales of Aluminium MIG/TIG wire products in Europe. Obviously the more detailed this info can get - such as country wise, customers, competitors/brands/players etc. - the better it will be. I'm not try to market/promote anything. Just trying to get the info stated or get directed to some other source that can help.

About taking something from here / giving something in return - the info I get from here will be public so everybody will benefit in a sense. What else can I possibly give/share?

Regards
Vijay