Comments & questions on new & past videos

and part 2

Big thanks to JD for letting me film this build

Good video's, I don't work with the big fab projects like JD does, have in the past, but do like to watch how he fabricates.

Also by cutting the splice plates to fit over the rec tubing it doesn't change the over all length

Was curious why such a short section had to be spliced?
snip_20170913152910.jpg
snip_20170913152910.jpg (60.6 KiB) Viewed 2750 times
Richard
Website
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Richard,

If you noticed, the video only shows 40' of the 60' build. I think the short section is shown with an extension (10''?) not shown in the video, at the far left of the "assembled outside" image. There also seems to be a bolt-up on the last 10' section on the right.

Speculating, for lack of image quality.

Steve
    Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

He used a Lincoln 256 with flux core/c25 but I know JD has a Lincoln 210 MP. Is the 210 MP capable of the same welds? Obviously the duty cycle would limit the number of welds per hour.

I really enjoy watching JD's work.
Lincoln 100 amp transformer MIG w/flux core wire
HF TIG w/no pedal for steel & stainless, Stick w/3/32 6011,7018
Formerly: Victor O/A and Lincoln 225 AC buzz box
Looking to upgrade
Bikes-XR250, CRF230

Wood Welder wrote:He used a Lincoln 256 with flux core/c25 but I know JD has a Lincoln 210 MP. Is the 210 MP capable of the same welds? Obviously the duty cycle would limit the number of welds per hour.

Yes, he uses it in the field and talks about it in other videos
Richard
Website
    Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 pm

LtBadd wrote:
Wood Welder wrote:He used a Lincoln 256 with flux core/c25 but I know JD has a Lincoln 210 MP. Is the 210 MP capable of the same welds? Obviously the duty cycle would limit the number of welds per hour.

Yes, he uses it in the field and talks about it in other videos
I wonder if that would be maxed-out on the 210mp. He sure does lay down a substantial amount of metal in a single pass with the 256.

%
In answer to your question. If you enlarge the aerial shot at the end of the video, it looks like the rebar rack is built in three sections for ease of transport, so the short vertical section you see was added onto with two more bays.

There's a rebar yard near me and this project looks like an infeed or outfeed rack for the hydraulic guillotine that chops the rebar. The yard has an overhead crane like JD's but much larger and outdoors that covers the whole yard loading and unloading trucks. Rebar is stored on simple racks close to the ground and they have two guillotines set up. Only the office is indoors. I needed to go there recently to pickup some 1/2" type "W" low carbon weldable rebar for some anchors to embed in concrete block which I stick welded with 3/32" 6011 to 1/4" plate with multiple passes to build up a large fillet on each rebar where they butted into the plates.
Last edited by Wood Welder on Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln 100 amp transformer MIG w/flux core wire
HF TIG w/no pedal for steel & stainless, Stick w/3/32 6011,7018
Formerly: Victor O/A and Lincoln 225 AC buzz box
Looking to upgrade
Bikes-XR250, CRF230

Wood Welder wrote: I wonder if that would be maxed-out on the 210mp. He sure does lay down a substantial amount of metal in a single pass with the 256.
By looking at the 210 specs, it'll run .045" cored wire, so should run .035 just fine without too much worry of hitting the duty cycle, I'm guessing. He (JD) speaks highly of the unit in his videos with Jody.
Richard
Website