Comments & questions on new & past videos

Anyone got a plasmaCam? I will be hooking mine up pretty soon so am putting together a simple downdraft chute and intend to use a 8" utility blower along with flex hose to exhaust fumes outside.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Jody,
Welding in frayed jeans????? :shock: No gloves while cutting??? :o How many times are you going to change your wardrobe?? Had to at least pick on you. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The hinges are a great idea. I have to wonder though how well they will work when they get full of grit? I bought the exact hinges for a outside application and they rust very quickly, FYI.
The most interesting to me was the welder comparison. I would like to pick up a 110v machine for smaller jobs and this video opened my eyes a little to the differences.

I have talked to the good folks at PlasmaCam when we were considering their machine. Great people and seems like a great product. Unfortunately we have not pursued a burn table any further.
-Jonathan
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

I have the plasmacams big brother the Samson 5x10 table. Same software and stuff just bigger. I have a Hypertherm Powermax 85 with a mini machine torch on mine. Works great for a job shop when you need to hurry up and burn out odd pieces or one off stuff but leave production run parts to production style machines. It's not that it couldn't handle it because it can but it needs just a little more baby sitting and doesn't have the resolution that larger more expensive machines have. The drawing software is easy to use too but basic CAD knowledge will go a long way for you too. They offer a tube cutting attachment too which makes it more versatile.
Be the monkey....
sstec
    Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:15 am

Jody,
You will need to add a screen to stop any small parts you cut from dropping to the bottom of your chute, or have long arms.
sstec