Comments & questions on new & past videos

I have been wanting to test these features for a while now. AC waveforms as well as pulsing between DCEN and AC. Its called Advanced AC pulse on the 255ext but I believe Kemppi calls it mixed TIG.
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/ac- ... pulse.html

Anyway, I will definitely be digging into deeper for thick aluminum parts
    Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:22 am

Wow,

That was helpful, as I have an Everlast 210EXT with the Advanced AC/DCEN Pulse feature, but I never really knew what to do with it or if it was design more for thick or thin aluminum. And your setting of the Pulse Amps at 100% was interesting in how it was for the DC, which seems ideal there for the max penetration, but almost counterintuitive for someone like me who hasn't gotten around to doing much with pulse yet, except to think that 50% might be a typical default on normal AC pulse, and (wrongly) on Advanced Pulse too.

So, it seems like Advanced Pulse/ Mix TIG will give a surprisingly extra amount of penetration at those times when my 210 amp machine might be helped by some, especially if Pulse Amps are set to 100%.

The longer I have this machine the more I like it, and I liked it very well from the beginning.
Last edited by C. Livingstone on Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peace be with you all,
Christian Livingstone
www.youtube.com/newjerusalemtimes

Everlast AC/DC 210EXT (2015)
CAT250D DC-TIG/Plasma Combo
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

That was really interesting!
I like the idea behind AC/DC pulse on aluminum. Makes good sense to me.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Rudy Ray
    Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:36 pm

I just received a Dynasty 280 DX with this feature last night. That was very helpful. Thank you Jody.
I think my syncrowave 250 is going to be the new red headed step child.
Jakedaawg
    Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Question: Is this advanced pulse what I would get if I bought the SD card upgrade for my Miller Dynasty 280 DX?
Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP, More tools than I have boxes for and a really messy shop.
Jakedaawg
    Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Bump, anyone know the answer to my question above?
Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP, More tools than I have boxes for and a really messy shop.

Jakedaawg wrote:Bump, anyone know the answer to my question above?
Well if Miller hadn't dumbed down their website a few years back you might be able to find some information about this.

This thread is the first time I've heard of this "feature"
Richard
Website