Comments & questions on new & past videos
bosulli
    Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:40 am

How do you block someone's vid's from showing up in your stream?

Been trying to block Chucke2009. This guy is a goofball ,an embarrassment to welders, and to Texans. He will bend over for anyone who will give him a couple bucks. If Lulu Lemon ever came out with tig welding tights, I am sure he would more then happy to be their spokes model, and make a YouTube vid demonstrating them. Besides, he looks like the banjo playing kid in 'Deliverance". His hillbilly vids keep showing up in my stream, and frankly I wish not to be subjected to even seeing the promo's.

The last straw was the "Hey Everbody, I Painted My Dump Truck Yellow" video. It just will not stop showing up.

If any YouTube channel experts know how to block someone from showing up on your YouTube feed, please reply.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I hope there is another better anwser but make sure you are unsubscribe do and stop watching the videos and watch other unrelated content-music videos, sports clips, ETC. It may go away. If nothing else just ignore them. I used to enjoy his videos but now I look and see that he's got like a dozen welders and tons of other tools he never paid for. Cheap way to do business. I mean he's got a good deal-weld shop with free tools and videos with ad revenue. My last straw was his fuel tank build. For a tank holding hundreds of gallons of oil I can not beleive the lack of quality of welds. You watch him mig weld and he had a lot of spatter and can never seem to get his settings right. He use to be a decent welder before he went to school. With the endorsements and product placement he lost his touch. He also used to say how he couldn't stand anything that wasn't American built- Hungarian, Austrian, Chinese welders and tools?And he says that every tool he uses is the best one he has used. I feel build for Miller and hypertherm. They don't need his reviews-they are both fantastic brands everyone knows and trusts.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
bosulli

I was a subscriber a year ago, when his content was legit, and added value to the YouTube community. Then he was just putting content up for clicks, and I did not have the time or interest to watch, but did not unsubscribe in case on occasion he put out a video of value. Then he started to put up deceiving click bait titles to trick you into thinking it was a constructive video. For example, one title said he found out something very interesting by examining the oil after changing his oil on his Miller Trailblazer. Since I have a Bobcat, I thought I should watch. But it was nothing. Just him changing the oil. Something I would never think of making a video of. He used his credibility to get more clicks, to get more money from his sponsors. So, Lanse is like the ShamWow guy, or that guy who sprays sealant on the bottom of a boat. So, I unsubscribed, but his videos show up maybe 25% of my feed. The videos are just silly, i.e. cheap content, which I don't want to watch. I am sure his videos are blocking out legitimate YouTubers, that I would like to watch.

I hear about YouTubers that are just scamming there subscribers as their means of support (job). I guess Chucke2009 has turned into one. I think its sad, but not my circus, not my monkeys. Just don't want to see it.

So, just thinking there is a way to block Chucke2009 from my feed. I looked all around. I did block him from commenting on my videos, which is not the problem. I shouldn't have to stop watch Jody's video just to avoid the offensiveness of Chucke2009.
airrj
    Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:31 am

Sorry I can't give you a specific answer, but I unsubscribed from him about 18 months ago and I actually forgot his name until I saw his name on one of the forums a month or so ago. Basically once I unsubscribed from him and stopped clicking on any of his stuff YouTube slowly moved him out of my playlist. I still watch tons of welding videos, but he never pops up any longer for me.

I can't give a exact time frame, but trust me if you ignore him, he will go away finally. Good Luck.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Don't knock the can of turn your screen door into a boat spray. It works great on leaky cooling towers people are to cheap to fix until the hole is big enough to get your hand through. Or when the overflow pan under the drain pan rusts through. :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
bosulli

YouTube needs a block, or at least a thumbs down button like Pandora has.

Meanwhile, I am not knocking the screen door-boat bottom product. Sure it will do the trick when you are in a dilly of a pickle. But he is not Bill Dance, and whips it out in the middle of a fishing show, and tells me how it could very well be the best screen door-boat bottom product he is ever used, after I saw him say the same thing about a competitor product the week before.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Lol :D I know right!
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Jrezky
    Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:08 pm

I believe what you're looking for requires an extension. Some programmers I guess had the same problem and so wrote scripts to block youtube channels from their feeds. One such example is called "Hide annoying youtubers," and requires adding a browser extension that can run scripts like these, one called Greasemonkey for Firefox and Tampermonkey for Chrome. The script is here: http://userscripts-mirror.org/scripts/show/156278

There is a button up on the top right of the page labelled "Install" and a link underneath that explains a bit how to use Greasemonkey. It is not too complicated.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

bosulli wrote:YouTube needs a block, or at least a thumbs down button like Pandora has.

Meanwhile, I am not knocking the screen door-boat bottom product. Sure it will do the trick when you are in a dilly of a pickle. But he is not Bill Dance, and whips it out in the middle of a fishing show, and tells me how it could very well be the best screen door-boat bottom product he is ever used, after I saw him say the same thing about a competitor product the week before.
I'm listening to Pandora, reading your Ned Flanders quote. Nice work sir.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

weldin mike 27 wrote:
bosulli wrote:YouTube needs a block, or at least a thumbs down button like Pandora has.

I'm listening to Pandora, reading your Ned Flanders quote. Nice work sir.
Okay, Mick, that took me a minute, but I got it... :lol:
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

It's being tried as a maritime case.....lol
cherwolf
    Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:13 am

1.Clear cookies on your web browser.
2.There is a option "not interested" in the right corner (but it doesn`t work very well, press it several times as it appears)
3.Your google search browsing habits were sold to "third party"

0. This is what Big Brother is doing on the web, he does not steal your Recycle Bin content or the Secret Files folder, he collects your traces, and every time you add your personal phone number, mail adress for "your personal security" you confirm that it is you on that new laptop you just bought. Facebook, twitter, Google you visit them, log in, confirm your e-mail, phone number and your portfolio is updated, then your data is "shared" to third parties(you agree on that when sign up your account). And Chukee2009 with Fronius welder ad follows you even in Mexico or Japan.
houdni
    Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:26 pm

toward the right of the subject of the video thread...you need to click not interested
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

He is from Ohio, not a Texan...

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
bosulli

I found the not interested button. Just in time too, as I was inundated with Lanse videos. Prolly 1/3 of recommended videos were his hillbilly, dump truck drama videos. Seems to have work, and I am much happier.

I am aware he is from Ohio. His videos were better and authentic when he was there. He moved to Austin first then Ft. Worth. I just moved back to MS from Austin after being there for 8 years, and not sure why anyone would leave Austin for the outskirts Ft. Worth. One day he is in Austin, and then, surprise he is Ft. Worth. Thinking there is a reason for the sudden move that he is not sharing with us. But, that when his videos turned hillbilly and a waste of time. Videos were just click bait for sponsorships, and I have better things to do, then listen to in between dump truck mods why this week's brand of welder is better then last week's.
olek
    Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:07 pm

UBlock Origin, way better than other filters I used on Youtube

You can select channels to block (I think)

WIndows only probably
Pianos , restorer and tuner
Dedicated to learn welding since april
slowly learning ;) not complaining of doing beads and beads
pro inverter PROGYS 200 FV PFC CEL+tig lift
OA Oxyflam 1000 cutting and welding gas torch
    Fri May 22, 2015 9:04 pm

I thought Chuck decided to give up welding and go into farming?
"Go as far as you can see and once you are there, go farther."
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

He bent his tractor and had to bale out.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'