Comments & questions on new & past videos

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'd never paid attention to the way I feed rod, so I paid attention yesterday on an aluminum repair. I use the second method Jody showed, where my fingers are the guide and my thumb is doing the pushing.

I also feed in tons of awkward ways, from the side, from behind the torch, whatever it takes to get rod to the puddle, but out in the open with no obstacles, I automatically do it this way.

Steve S
Jakedaawg
    Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

Hello Jody,

Thanks for all the work you put into these....An idea for somthng that I have not noticed you talk about in a video yet would be starting, stopping and then restarting. For example, a joint with round tube where you have to stop and reposition. Some of these experts get their restarts to the point where the only way you can tell is by the cleaning action left where they repositioned. Is there a trick or some suggestions to make practice more productive?
Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP, More tools than I have boxes for and a really messy shop.
Jakedaawg
    Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:45 pm

I believe that another interesting area of TIG welding aluminum would be a section on overhead and out-of-position welding. Maybe some tips or tricks you have gathered over the years when forced to lay on your back or side and fill a hole in a pontoon or what not.
Miller Dynasty 280 DX, Lincoln 210 MP, More tools than I have boxes for and a really messy shop.