Comments & questions on new & past videos

https://goo.gl/BdnW6u

Differences in 7018 and single pass vs multi pass with weave on second pass...Cut, Etch, Learn.
Best to you and yours,

jody

Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I've been doing a lot of cut-etch-learn lately. Some of my stuff gets x-rayed, dye-pen'd, helium leak tested, and/or overpressure tested, but none of these are as informative as physically seeing the fusion and penetration in a weld.

I enjoyed watching you burn some 7018! I'm rather out of practice, myself, and it might take several rods to get back to the rhythm.

Steve
Poleframer
    Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:47 am

7018 has always been my go to for welding. I am a bit pissed at firepower tho. For years I'd been buying firepower 7018 at napa, and LOVED it' When you opened the 5 lb box, there was your rod, sealed tight in a heavy plastic bag, dry as a bone.
If I just had occasional welds to do I would just poke 1 rod through the bag, and feed them out through that as needed, and keep it in a blue tube for storage. They kept very well even through the winters in my shed that way.
Then a couple years ago...no plastic bag. Burned about like the rods from hobart or radnor, sucked. I was upset. I think even the moisture they pick up in shipping and sitting in a store affects them.
Heating helps, but they arent like factory fresh.
Might have to give excalibur a go.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I haven't done much at all woth 7018 but I absolutely love those excaliburs. Every once in sheik I'll grab a different one and the arc is just so different and then an Excalibur and smooth sailing again.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick