Comments & questions on new & past videos

Anyone go to Fabtech? was it just me? or was it the best ever?

Jody

it was just you Jody :lol:
Seriously though I plan to be at FT 2018, and also the Saunders open house next spring, hope to see you there!
Richard
Website
LanceR
    Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

LtBadd wrote:it was just you Jody :lol:
Seriously though I plan to be at FT 2018, and also the Saunders open house next spring, hope to see you there!
Saunders open house?

And FT 2018 is five hours from home but even as a hobbyist I might have to make the trip just to see all the stuff I'd get killed by my wife for if I dragged home.... :roll:

Lance
LanceR

Miller Multimatic 255
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
Heck Bevel Mill 4000
Ace fume extractor
Welding/cutting/brazing torches

LanceR wrote:
LtBadd wrote:it was just you Jody :lol:
Saunders open house?

And FT 2018 is five hours from home but even as a hobbyist I might have to make the trip just to see all the stuff I'd get killed by my wife for if I dragged home.... :roll:

Lance
Hey Lance
John Saunders from NYC CNC, he is an entrepreneur with a machine shop in Zanesville Ohio. Roy and Jonathan (from the WTT podcast) do TIG lessons there, and once a year John has an open house that draws a lot of YouTube makers, and machinist/welders.

WTT podcast about the 2017 open house

WTT podcast featuring John Saunders

NYC CNC YT channel
Richard
Website
Bradk
    Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:09 am

Jody,
I enjoyed your Fabtech video, very well done with a lot of info in it. Where is Fabtech next year? Keep up the great work, your time and effort by yourself and group of great Welders is very inspirational to a newby welder like myself. Built the shop stool project, turned out beautiful. As per usual I always spend too much money on projects, had mine powder coated and leather seat ala upholstery shop. Will post picture on another part of the forum. I have a Pirranha (iron worker) at work, it replaces the drill press 75% of the time for me.
Best Wishes,
Brad

Bradk wrote:Jody,
I enjoyed your Fabtech video, very well done with a lot of info in it. Where is Fabtech next year? Keep up the great work, your time and effort by yourself and group of great Welders is very inspirational to a newby welder like myself. Built the shop stool project, turned out beautiful. As per usual I always spend too much money on projects, had mine powder coated and leather seat ala upholstery shop. Will post picture on another part of the forum. I have a Pirranha (iron worker) at work, it replaces the drill press 75% of the time for me.
Best Wishes,
Brad
Brad, next year is in Atlanta, Jody's back yard.
Richard
Website
Bradk
    Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:09 am

Richard,
Thanks for the location of Fabtech 2018 in Atlanta "Jody's backyard" ! Trying to talk the girlfriend into getting on a plane from California and shooting out to Georgia next year for the event? Don't know if she will go? She is not into welding and only sees me walk in the house with pieces from the garage begging for acalades on my weld beads getting better?. I told her she could meet Barbie the Welder and April Wilkerson right? They are females that do this stuff and it's not just a bunch of boring guy's stuff? What woman wants to go check out grinding wheels at the Walters booth or check out new Tig torches at the CK Worldwide booth, I want to!
I of course do not weld for a living but have a serious passion for fusing metal together for some unexplained reason? I am getting some Blacksmithing tools and a small gas forge to be able to heat and bend metal for my own needs. I really appreciate people like Jody, JD, Roy, and artisans like Jimmy D, Zach (ZH Fab), April , Barbie and all the others that share their passions with the rest of the world. I own two Tig welders and one Mig welder and enjoy spending time with all of them trying to come up with projects to allow me to do so. My grandfather designed rock crushers for a living and in some weird way I must have been passed along some interest in working with metal. That was a long thank you letter.

Brad

I hear you Brad, worst case I believe the show goes to Las Vegas in 2019, that would be closer for you. Keep the torch hot! :lol:
Richard
Website

Just secured my hotel for Atlanta 2018!!
Richard
Website
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

LtBadd wrote:Just secured my hotel for Atlanta 2018!!
I winder if the hotel employees have any idea what fabtech is?
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:
LtBadd wrote:Just secured my hotel for Atlanta 2018!!
I winder if the hotel employees have any idea what fabtech is?
Well, 2018 won't be the first year for FT in Atlanta, some do I'm sure
Richard
Website
One1
  • One1
    Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm in the area. Will probably be over at 2018 fab tech this year. I'm an hr from jody and jd.
1957 Lincoln Idealarc 300, Miller 211 v1 mig, Lincoln 3350, CK Worldwide CK17FV, 9FV