Comments & questions on new & past videos
dkmc
    Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:06 am

WOW
These 2 videos Jody posted this week are just fantastic
I am 52 yrs old, a job shop (machine shop) owner since 1979 and I am just getting back into welding with work from the Gas Drilling industry.
These 2 videos are very interesting, and I had no idea about all the movements required to do some of these welds,
They just hit home and showed me some more ways to approach the welds and gain more capabilities.
I am having a new motivation toward welding these days, thanks LOT to these vids! .

THANKS so much for making these vids, they are VERY inspiring to me and (I'm sure, 100's of others) on the net.
BDoubleU

Here are links to those videos on welding-tv.com.

http://welding-tv.com/2012/09/18/tig-we ... up-vs-not/

http://welding-tv.com/2012/09/26/10-min ... lding-job/

At least, I think these are the two videos that were released during that week ... (please correct me if I'm wrong)

:)
weldfusion.com
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

Thank You!
You have used a number of descriptive terms to describe the welds produced by untrained beginners. I've made most of the mistakes. My first welded Jeep body was begun 44 years ago. Until now I've never had an opportunity to see how it should be done. It is a generous thing to give away knowledge.
Bill :D
BDoubleU

I agree Bill ... sometimes a few pointers is all you need to make a big improvement. Thanks to the community for sharing :)
weldfusion.com
Metal monkey
    Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:27 pm

Hi to all that read this. This is my first forum. I have been welding for about 10 years now and watching that tube video I heard Jody say that the rule of thumb was one amp per .001. That is the first time that I have ever heard that and was wondering if anyone knows. I wouldn't weld 1/4 inch material with 250amps so is that rule of thumb just for thin wall tubing. Hope to hear from some one and can't wait to learn more on this forum. :mrgreen:
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome.
Yep you're right, the rule of thumb kind of, as Jody said in one of his videos, goes out the window at around 1/8 inch. But it does give a good starting point. As with everything it needs to be adjusted to fit in with reality.

Mick
nickn372
    Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:35 am

Hey there metal monkey welcome to the forum. How'd you come up with that name?
Be the monkey....