Comments & questions on new & past videos
echosixmike
    Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:03 am

Holy Jebus!

Does it do the job? yes/no
Does it hold up? yes/no

I'm assuming it's a non-paying shop project so some OHSA nazi doesn't come after you and fine you more than Goldman Sachs trying to make up the deficit on the back of the small business owner. You've never done those before?
S/F....Ken M
Red: PowerMIG 300, Square Wave 175
Blue: DEL200, Syncro250, XMT300
Green: STH160
Black: Tweco 181i Fabricator
Oddball: Craftsman HF unit
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

I have an older rebuilt speed-air compressor with no belt guard. The plastic factory one is double ugly and 'had' belt/wheel wear-thru's in a couple spots. I was initially jealous that the one in the video was getting a new one. I really wasn't expecting fabrication tips when I joined on this site anyway. I thought the tacking/fit up process went particularly well and straight forward and basically underlined the video's intentions well enough.

Even if he had done a full layout, someone would have found issue with not making the side band out of one piece and before you know it, the part ends up being worth as much or more than what it goes on. Something along the lines of lipstick on a pig or something, which occurs to most fabricators on any given day.
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
chadwarden
    Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:36 am

Psshh... As long as it gets the job done, who cares? And it ain't like welders or boilermakers need to know how to use that incredibly user unfriendly program...