Comments & questions on new & past videos
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

My best tip? Don't allow yourself to be pressured into taking a test like this after you've been driving 16 hours and awake for 30, without rest! Ask me how I know... :lol:

Actually, I like the technique just as you've shown. The narrower heat of the freehand fore-and-aft motion gives me less chance of suckback than the broader spread of arc-force when I walk the cup. (I also have a bit of peripheral neuropathy in both arms that costs me the fine-motor skills for an accurate walk on the root, so I'm more comfortable propping.)

What rod were you using? I'm guessing ER70-S6, from the silicon islands on the inner reinforcement.

Steve S

Otto Nobedder wrote:My best tip? Don't allow yourself to be pressured into taking a test like this after you've been driving 16 hours and awake for 30, without rest! Ask me how I know... :lol:

Actually, I like the technique just as you've shown. The narrower heat of the freehand fore-and-aft motion gives me less chance of suckback than the broader spread of arc-force when I walk the cup. (I also have a bit of peripheral neuropathy in both arms that costs me the fine-motor skills for an accurate walk on the root, so I'm more comfortable propping.)

What rod were you using? I'm guessing ER70-S6, from the silicon islands on the inner reinforcement.

Steve S

Steve, I was actually using ER70-s2...it did have lots of silicon islands

jody
borntruelife
    Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:04 pm

What's up Jody, hey love your videos man...they are just what beginner's and pros need. I went to school for pipe welding and didn't get a lot of 1 on 1 time in the areas that mattered the most, so I bought me a welder and watched your videos. Now I'm a pretty descent welder, haven't had a hard time finding work for the last 3 years I've been outta school. Thanks for the help. But, I would like to know where did you find that tig torch, the one with the lock and turn head and the twist grip gas valve? And is it gas cooled? When are you gonna do a video on tig welding stainless pipe in 6g? It would be a good video also, thanks again......lovin your videos!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

That's the CK Flex-Loc, available from CK Industries and their distrubuters.

http://www.ckworldwide.com/flex-loc.htm

Available water- or air-cooled.

Actually, if you search their whole site, you'll see lots of innovative welding stuff.

I want one.

Steve S