Comments & questions on new & past videos
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 pm

While there is great info on testing the aluminum and welding to avoid killing all of the heat treat; as an engineer, and as an avid biker, I think the reinforcement plates under the main plate are going to be way too big.
I think a woman rider is going to want the seat lower than the reinforcement will allow.
TamJeff
    Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:46 am

Don't get me started with bicycle nerds. I had to repair this Cannondale bike where the derailleur snapped off because the part was piss thin to start with, so, I built it up a little figuring it could always be filed down at the user's discretion. Would you believe, after all of the figuring of the position of the derailleur that I had to figure out myself because he lost the broken off part, that he complained about the extra gram of weight I added? And then he tells me that there is a specific repair part for this issue because it happens frequently. I was in the same position as Jody with not wanting to weaken this ridiculously thin tube. Not to mention that there was a 10,000.00 project that I was currently working on to do this Tour de France wannabe a favor.

I hope he gets a blowout in his spandex at the worst possible moment. :D
Miller ABP 330, Syncrowave 250, Dynasty 300 DX.
Honorary member of the Fraternity of Faded Tee Shirts.
Mr. Moose
    Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:14 pm

When I saw this video, I immediately thought "if the rider needs that much additional forward movement of the seat, the frame is way too big for her..."
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes - but come on - be honest here - your all way too concerned with the technical aspects of the job - it's some sort of race bike yea - so the owner is probably quite fit ! the guru is human & when she showed up would you say your too busy ! I'm not even going to mention saddle sniffing here - it's a family forum !
    Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:25 pm

I was right,it was way too high, he had to really lower the seat.
I'm all for Jodi helping out a freind.
little projects like that are fun.