Comments & questions on new & past videos
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Jody, Just wondering what brand your new shield was in the mold video. It looks pretty sweet.

Mick
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

He mentioned something to me about recently getting what he called a "high-end Jackson Balder helmet". Don't know if that was it.

Steve S
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

Is this the one? If so, they have a $50 rebate on it on top of the discount price.

http://store.cyberweld.com/jabasaaudawe.html

Or this one with a $100 rebate:

http://store.cyberweld.com/jababh3audaw.html

Both with free shipping.

I watched the video when it came out but didn't notice the helmet.

the second one it was.

yoda

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

Jody, Just wondering what brand your new shield was in the mold video. It looks pretty sweet.

Mick
Hey Mick,

The helmet in the video is a Jackson Balder bh3 like this one
http://store.cyberweld.com/jababh3audaw.html

It was provided to me to evaluate and it seems pretty solid. the Balder technology is supposed to provide increased clarity over other helmets. it does seem to be pretty clear .
my only real beef with it is that it is pretty expensive and in order to put a magnifier lens in it, you either have to tape it in or buy an adapter. I think its reasonable to expect a helmet in this price range would be designed to accept a magnifier lens since a lot of us welders are in our 50's now and eyes not what they used to be.

First world problems, heh? . here i am whining about minor details, and there is a guy in Bosnia squinting to tack weld parts while scrimping to buy a cheap autodark . time for a gut check.

best,
jody
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

admin wrote:

First world problems, heh? . here i am whining about minor details, and there is a guy in Bosnia squinting to tack weld parts while scrimping to buy a cheap autodark . time for a gut check.

best,
jody
Yeah, that kind of puts it all in perspective. Impressive that you can see it in that light.

The Bosnia guy would have to work several months, live in his rusty car, and not eat (or send the cat to the barbie :shock: ) just to get that helmet.
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Yes- but a number of members have tried to help him out - eyesight should come before pride - if he ends up blind he won't won't be able to drive his rusty car & I doubt the cat can drive - work is also going to be a problem.
I spoke to the Ebay seller / importer I recommended on his behalf as I know them well & they are happy to let him have an ex display / shop soiled model at cost but so far I believe he has not responded to them- I don't know why - it's a good mask sold for much higher prices elsewhere & re-branded in some familiar welding supplies - it even has the clips to hold a cheater lens as standard - I keep one myself for close up Tig work & as a spare in case my Speedglas acts up - I've recommended it to several people mostly as it's almost unheard of in the UK to get a mask that will take a cheater lens & they've all been very happy with them.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I've tried to get the helmet to him but I can't find a way to ship it to him since his town is not serviced by the USPS. If anybody knows anything about making international shipments ,I could use the help. I not sure how to go about getting it through customs and things like that. He may even have to pay an import duty on it, I'm not sure. The helmet seems to be the cheapest part of the equation.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Thanks Jody.

I know we are spoiled sometimes. 500-600 buck speedglas sittling on the bench and you still squint and turn your head. Go figure .

Mick