Comments & questions on new & past videos
taylorkh
    Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

I have purchased the last couple of DVD sets and will continue to do so in order to support Jody's efforts. That said, I also save the new videos each week. Until recently youtube allowed me to select various resolutions 320, 480, 720 etc. to download. I have been saving the 480s as they provided decent clarity for the file size. More recently I have seen several .flv files with no resolution shown - these may or may not download but if they do the do not play in VLC player (which plays just about everything).

I am also given a choice to download an HQ5 file which is rather poor quality and a mobile .3gp file which displays about the size of a postage stamp. Does anyone have any insight into what is going on? I am using the DownloadHelper addon to Firefox which has served me well for years.

TIA,

Ken
chriso
    Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm

At the moment I use Goggle Chrome browser with Chrome YouTube Downloader and get the option of MP4, MP3 & FLV.

Chrome doesn't support YouTube downloading any more but it's easy to get over this by getting the download from this page and follow the drag and drop instructions.

http://mandel-design.xf.cz/Chrome-Youtube-Downloader/
taylorkh
    Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

Thanks chriso,

I try to avoid anything google when I can. I trust them about as much as I trust Micro$oft or the NSA. It is bad enough that they assimilated youtube. I will have a look at some other downloader addons for Firefox and see if I can find one that works. I appreciate your confirmation that the videos are still available in better mp4 which seems to be a better format.

Thanks again,

Ken
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Chriso.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
chriso
    Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:08 pm

Mike wrote:Welcome to the forum Chriso.
Thank you.