Comments & questions on new & past videos
alexadam1212
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:48 am

i wanna buy a device to record the welding,will the smartphone with video function work?
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Im fairly certain that jody uses a normal video camera, on the auto setting. Try sending him a message via the contact us on the main page.
ksmrf
    Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:18 pm

:twisted: :twisted: I have used my android to video an instructor while he was welding when i was in school. I had to hold it up under my hood. It looked like i was picking my nose. video was not nearly as good as others tho. I would imagen if you want tight arc shots you will have to get a good set up. jody is a good welder. then add that he is doing what he does while reaching around a camera and dang.........
you aint gotta eat it
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

My wife videoed me Tig welding aluminum for the first time, so I could watch myself and compare it to Jody's videos to see what I was doing right and wrong, with her iphone. I would suggest that you put it under a hood set down low. I was able so see my hand motions but not the puddle. We put it under a 10 shade hand shield but it was too dark. I say that a 5 shade oxy shield might work pretty good I do not know because I never tried it.
Matt
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

ksmrf wrote::twisted: :twisted: I have used my android to video an instructor while he was welding when i was in school. I had to hold it up under my hood. It looked like i was picking my nose. video was not nearly as good as others tho. I would imagen if you want tight arc shots you will have to get a good set up. jody is a good welder. then add that he is doing what he does while reaching around a camera and dang.........
Dang is right, Jody seems to make it so easy, even reaching around a tripod!!!
Thanks again Jody,
John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Nriders
    Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:31 pm

i all,

i try to record a welding video , it's for school project and a need to know what kind of lens Jody use to make clear picture like that.

thank you
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If your camera will not take a good arc shot, buy a #8 shade GLASS lens, and temporarily tape it (tightly... this is important) in front of your camera.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Nriders.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Most cameras will cope fairly well just by reducing the intensity of light entering the lens by screwing on some neutral density - a bit trial & error how much depending on the weld material / amps & how close you get ( I'd try 8 as a start point ) also circular polariser will help with flare - you will also need to set white balance - I doubt auto will cope with this.