Comments & questions on new & past videos
noddybrian
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:13 pm

Love or hate the guy Wyatt just reviewed Jodie's Tig finger - it seems to have improved him - did'nt have the customary wait while he put his gloves on ! ( still does the " truffle shuffle " in his intro though )- maybe one of his " weekend warriors " could send him a copy of " the Goonies " so he realizes how cool it looks !

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

About time!!!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
NYWELDERJim
    Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:09 am

Why does he refer to himself as "Mr. Tig" instead of his name, Wyatt. Self-appointed TIG expert. Did you notice how badly defromed the end ofthe tugnsten electrode was during that weld? I have reviewed many of his videos, much less useful info. than Jody provides. Not a big fan.........

Your on the right track Jim.

He has hasn't made a respectable weld in his life.

Watch all his video's.

You'll see what I mean.

I think this one takes the cake.

~John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGs27lIfeSI

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

They rarely show his finished product. I gave up watching his videos after about 2.

Mick
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

AKweldshop wrote:Your on the right track Jim.

He has hasn't made a respectable weld in his life.

Watch all his video's.

You'll see what I mean.

I think this one takes the cake.

~John

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGs27lIfeSI
Omg if I laid welds down like that at work I'd be laughed out of the shop.

All "Mr. Tig does it weld on these little pieces of metal on his table with his shiny helmet and 9f torch.

Lame!!

Do some pipe video's!! Overhead tig roots.

If you think your worthy of being called "Mr. Tig", you had better be good.

He's a sour name on WW.

Wyatt,
If your reading this,
Do some real welding videos!!

KC is the same!! :roll:

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
noddybrian

Hey - I'm not defending any of the traits you guys mention - but he puts out a video a week for free & while he will never be Jodie - some of the advice in his video's have helped newbies - I agree with the controlled circumstances usually doing very small pieces of new metal 1G on a bench - but he still demonstrates a basic technique that a guy can pick up & improve on - the manner & self appointed status are annoying - but give him some credit - he means well - I don't know much about him other than the video's - but maybe he does better stuff & what you see is purely done as a learning aid & made simple on purpose - also makes filming easier - the production of the video's is more " set up " almost as though he is more like an actor & the people behind the camera's are calling the shots ? who knows ?
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Last I heard, he had joined forces with Kevin Caron. A down to earth metal artist from Phoenix . Kevins a great guy who makes videos and answers questions, but never promises more that he can deliver and states that doesnt know it all. Havent watched him for a while since my Youtube account went Carcar cookoo.

Mick
noddybrian

He has'nt done any with Kevin for a while - must admit I have'nt looked up Kevin lately - I hoped that Lanse's mate Pete would do some more - he's more into the repair type stuff that I do - doubt they will collaborate much now Lanse moved.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

One thought...watch Mr.Tig's videos and you will clearly see that he is acting in a lot of ways. The videos he does with that school, he is clearly asking questions he already knows but for the sake of learning he does. I will not get in on the debate of if he is good or bad, the only thing I will offer is none of us here have started welding videos and subjected ourselves and reputation to the world.
I know if I were making videos, you would think I was a beginner I would be so nervous. I remember the first time I showed TIG welding to around 60 people, I lit up and shook so violently. As soon as I lifted up my hood one guy said "are you nervous or something?" highly embarrassing. After that I was good though.
-Jonathan
noddybrian

Agreed - being able to weld does not mean you can look good doing it in front of a camera & put it across - it's easy to sit watching - quite another to be in front of a camera - I'm always impressed with the way Lanse manages - & he's usually holding the camera with one hand while doing stuff - hats off to AK for giving it a shot - with a better camera I reckon he's going to be really good - I'd be interested to hear any thoughts from our own Guru on this - Wyatt claims to know him - maybe Jodie will comment here - or maybe he's too much of a gentleman to get into this one.
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Back in the 80" I got a chance to be an OJT instructor. Clipboard and coffee cup job. LOL
That led to a stint in the yard's training school testing the new hires. (stick and spray mig)
It took a couple classes to lose the butterflies. So, teaching isn't as easy as it looks.

Every time I watch a "Mr. Tig" video I think of "Virgil Tibbs"!

"THEY CALL ME MIS------TER TIG"! LMAO!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

I would advise we stop this conversation about mr Tig before it gets out of hand.
-Jonathan
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I don't hear about any of the guys putting down Wyatt getting invited to Gasoline Alley every year to weld Indie cars. Then again I don't see Wyatt making videos with livestock hooked up to jumper cables getting their balls clipped either. Glass houses fellas, watch those stones.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
noddybrian

Agreed - let's leave the guy be - I was only pointing the video out as I thought it was funny - you know - Mr Tig getting a tig finger - it sounds like " tennis elbow " or " housemaids knee " !

So will there be a new section of cooking balls tips & tricks ? nice one AK - not sure what the animal rights freaks will make of it - " see they feel no pain once the jumper cables are connected to the mains " !!!! so that's the "right way " ? ! was it invented by a German doctor ? oops - this could go really bad - I'll leave it alone.
rake

Let me just say this.
When you put yourself up on a site like youtube for all to see you leave yourself open for criticism.
Even Jody. Want a laugh? Check out a ChuckE2009 welding video. Opinions are like assholes, Everyone
has one. Within reason we all should be able to like and dislike whatever welding videos we see.
What's next, you can bash all the import machines you wish but Miller and Lincoln are off limits?

There's a certain group of "welders" out there that I refer to as "Tig Snobs". You know the type.
Tig is the only process for everything. Mr. Tig feeds into that culture. With some talent and a
little smarts you can weld clean and strong with most any process. It's a bit tougher when almost
everything you weld gets X-rayed.

Back to arcing and a sparking!
noddybrian

People do seem to have a fascination with Tig when it's often the least suitable / slowest process for the job in hand - but I gave up trying to understand why they like it so much.

Why should we laugh at Lanse ? - he's a bit hyper - but I like the guy - for his limited age / experience he puts out some good info & he does it by himself often trying to hold the camera in one hand while working - can't be easy.

Let's let this thread go as a given.

We all know the story.

John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

noddybrian wrote:
Why should we laugh at Lanse ? - he's a bit hyper - but I like the guy - for his limited age / experience he puts out some good info & he does it by himself often trying to hold the camera in one hand while working - can't be easy.
I have subscribed to ChuckE2009, Mr Tig, and Jody on YouTube and have watched all of their videos. I love Jody's videos but I am still learning and frankly I don't understand some of the stuff in his videos. Lanse has some really good information that beginners can understand. Same things apply for Mr Tig. I don't refer to just one source, I use them all. I know that some welds look like crap in these videos but I would like to meet someone who has not ran a bad bead. They are doing these videos for free and for that I thank them all.i would never bad mouth someone else's work. If you don't like their welds video your own and put them up for people to see. Let's give these guys the respect they deserve for the work they do and the courage they have for sharing their work with everyone.
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

If Jody's peers/competitors on youtube wish to review the Tigfinger, all the better. It's a sound product. I've gotten good use out of my "Bigfinger" (Now formally called the "TIGFinger XL") this week.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to do it in front of a camera. The x-ray is stress enough...

Steve S
kermdawg
    Tue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

My knock on Wyatt is you call yourself "Mr. Tig". I watched a couple videos thinkings this guy was gonna show me some good stuff like Jody would. I was sorely disappointed.

Don't call yourself Mr. Tig like you invented the process and are the best tig welder in the world. Other than that, his videos are alright for people learning to weld.
Signature? Who needs a F***ing signature?
rake

Careful kermdawg, Wyatt has already been declared bulletproof in some previous posts so best not rock the boat. ;)
rahtreelimbs
    Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:39 pm

The thing to remember is that we are all here to learn. Whether it is Jody, lance or Mr. TIG they all have something to offer and learn from...........better to keep an open mind !!!

They all have good vids.
Some are not the greatest, but let's not beat each other up over the bad points.'
I love my tig fingers!!!

John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024