For anyone thats interested, the Vol 4 2014 youtube DVD 4 disc set is ready
http://weldmongerstore.com/collections/2014-dvd

all the best to you,
jody

soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Are these Closed Captioned by chance.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

soutthpaw wrote:Are these Closed Captioned by chance.
Good question.

My guess is, "no."

There's a significant investment in closed-captioning, that would require a sponsor.

Steve S.
dialt1
    Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:52 pm

in my opinion no too :P
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I think "closed captions" would be an excellent addition.

I'm going to have to shoot him an e-mail on the subject. I'm sure the software exists to do this, but I presume it's costly. It would likely require sponsorship, and he refuses to get tied to a company so that his reviews always appear as impartial as they are.

There has to be a way to do this, though. Perhaps the AWS could help? Perhaps one of the welding schools?

I'm open to suggestion before I offer him a suggestion.

Steve S

A Google search with the string "closed caption video software" yields a pile of possibilities, including free closed captioning software from WGBH, the PBS station in, I think, Boston.

ldb
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
soutthpaw

You can actually type the captions right into YouTube I believe. Most good video editing software let's you import a script and match it to the video. Though I guess Jody does not do a script for his videos. Basically then you are just listening and transcribing it to a separate track on editing software and lining it up with the video. I messed with it a bit years back using Sony Vegas Pro.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

soutthpaw wrote:Are these Closed Captioned by chance.
soutthpaw wrote:You can actually type the captions right into YouTube I believe. Most good video editing software let's you import a script and match it to the video. Though I guess Jody does not do a script for his videos. Basically then you are just listening and transcribing it to a separate track on editing software and lining it up with the video. I messed with it a bit years back using Sony Vegas Pro.
I opened a video in youtube and clicked on closed captioning to see what would happen.

It will automatically do it on youtube - but it was not very accurate - it did not deal with "weld speak" very well.

I'd bet a person would have to manually type it for a welding video.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
soutthpaw

Yes, there is an option to manually add text to YouTube, Or was. Haven't tried it in a while