Comments & questions on new & past videos

Tig Welding some fairly Thin outside corners
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig ... minum.html

Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Cool video - really liked the fact that 400Hz, 250Hz, and 60Hz were all included :D

Watch that hand on the hot metal! Felt that from here :shock: :o
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Interesting video!

I had a moment in the "intermission" where I shook my head for a moment... After you filled that slot and flipped the part.

I'd have dry-washed the back side to (a) close any discontinuities and (b) make a fully concave surface to fill.

A simple difference in technique, but with my bad eyes and shaky hands, I'd be more confident of a complete fill and fusion if I'd dry-washed and seen everything close.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

As to frequency, I've had use of machines capable of 400Hz. I was not impressed, until I welded 3/8" .049 wall 6061 instrument tube.

Sure, the noise is annoying, but the thinner you get on material, the more you appreciate the ability to focus a 10A arc.

99% of the time, I'm perfectly happy with the 60Hz I'm stuck with at work, but there are times I'd appreciate higher frequencies.

Steve S
Hollywood1
    Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:05 am

Cool video! I appreciate all the tips. I would not be where I am at now in such a short time if it wasn't for this forum and Jody's helpful videos. Thanks again. John
Attachments
DSCN0737 (2).JPG
DSCN0737 (2).JPG (58.21 KiB) Viewed 1019 times