Comments & questions on new & past videos

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/sti ... ckets.html

Saw a lamp on instagram made by @superiorwelding using threaded pipe so I made one with socket weld fittings.

best,

Jody Collier

Lincoln tig175 squarewave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DeepSouthWelder
    Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:35 am

Thanks for the reply ,I did not see the machine in the video until I watched it again just now. Excellent video as always and I believe that type of bulb you used on the lamp is called an Edison bulb.
Instagram : natecreel1050_
rake
    Mon Sep 17, 2012 7:19 pm

Jody, a piece of frayed draw cord and a shopvac will make short work of snaking your wire through those joints.
And no melting wires either!
    Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

In one of Jody's older videos, he tig brazes cast iron to stainless, and he does it in AC in order to use a high negative balance, and increase the cleaning action.

In this video, it appears as though he welded it in DC-? Can anyone confirm what polarity he used in this vid when he was using the silicon bronze? Is AC only advised when joining cast metals?, and DC- for all others?

Just curious. Once again, great vid and it too has got me wanting to go make a lamp lol.
Tyler

castweldsolutions wrote:In one of Jody's older videos, he tig brazes cast iron to stainless, and he does it in AC in order to use a high negative balance, and increase the cleaning action.

In this video, it appears as though he welded it in DC-? Can anyone confirm what polarity he used in this vid when he was using the silicon bronze? Is AC only advised when joining cast metals?, and DC- for all others?

Just curious. Once again, great vid and it too has got me wanting to go make a lamp lol.
I used DCEN (straight polarity) for this video. silicon bronze welds pretty clean on DCEN
Aluminum bronze welds much cleaner on AC

best,
jody
    Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:48 pm

Thanks Jody!
Tyler