Comments & questions on new & past videos

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig ... nders.html

me and Crummy tag teaming another Tig video

anyone have any experience with 4643 filler or the new 4943 rod?

best,

Jody
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I cringed a little each time a tack was welded over. Because of the constant speed of the positioner, I didn't see any "dwell" when meeting a tack to see it close to the bottom before feeding more rod. That's always a red flag for me, as it leaves the possibility of LOF right at the bottom of the tack.

I did back it up, and got as close as I could to "frame-by-frame", and it "appears" the puddle is hot enough to carry the weld fully to the root, but if I can't pause a second and SEE it close, I'm never quite sure.

Steve S

Just realized after reading the by line for this video that I met Roy when he presided over my weld test at my now new employer, small world. Good luck Roy in your new endeavor

Richard
Richard
Website
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Jody,
I just got 10# of the 4943 and when I get a chance to do a straight up comparison I'll post it in our product review thread. I did pad a few beads with it but I was spending more time checking out the functions on the welder than what the rod was doing. It seemed to be a nice middle of the road between 4043 and 5356 in the way it flowed. I've heard only good reviews on it so far.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I have a friend that's a long time pro on Welding Web. Swears by it now(4943 Maxal). Afraid I'm.not good enough to be able to notice a significant difference. It does flow well though, used it several times at his shop.