Comments & questions on new & past videos

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/tig ... -rack.html
Speed Tacking, Pulse Settings, Quick easy hold down tool, Chill blocks,
AdVirMachina
    Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:42 pm

Jody,
Why are you doing the initial touch? Is that something the welder needs to see? In some of the shots, a small spark occurs. Is that normal for an inverter?

Irving, TX. Epicenter of the Metroplex!

AdVirMachina wrote:Jody,
Why are you doing the initial touch? Is that something the welder needs to see? In some of the shots, a small spark occurs. Is that normal for an inverter?

Irving, TX. Epicenter of the Metroplex!
I touch the metal just for reference because its an easy way to hold a consistent gap...and sometimes I tack like this without even looking...just using my glove to block the arc.

that small spark is something peculiar...i am not sure if its a inverter thing though because I have a small transformer mig welder that will spark occasionally. My guess is that it is a small capacitor discharge to help arc starts.

best,

jody
skeeter355
    Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:14 am

Jody

Can you give me the settings you use with the Everlast 210EXT (if thats what you were using in the video) to do the speed tacking? I have the same machine but not sure how to set it to use the torch and .5 sec that you were doing.

Thanks, Skeeter

skeeter355 wrote:Jody

Can you give me the settings you use with the Everlast 210EXT (if thats what you were using in the video) to do the speed tacking? I have the same machine but not sure how to set it to use the torch and .5 sec that you were doing.

Thanks, Skeeter
I was actually using a 255ext for a few minutes just to test it out ...and the 255 has a spot tack feature ...and then at some point I switched over to the 210ext and it doesnt seem to have a spot tack settting. But Using the torch switch actually works just about as well or better in my opinion.
just a quick bump does the trick.

the trick is to have a sharp tungsten, a short arc gap , and have the thing pointed right where you want the tack.

amperage is something you have to play with...I used 105-111 amps with pretty good results on 14 ga crs (around .070-.080" or 2mm thick)
its a good idea to find your settings on scrap...either that or start low and keep increasing amps until it works .
Starting out too high can ruin some edges.
best,

jody
skeeter355
    Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:14 am

Jody

Just went to the Everlast site and saw that the 255EXT does have the spot weld setting.

So for me to set up the 210 EXT to do a similar thing what values would you set for pre-flow, start amps, end amps and post-flow? I would assume you are setting upslope and downslope to 0 and welding amps to your target amps. Also should the torch be on 2T or 4T. I attempted it the other day after your video came out and the torch didn't turn off immediately so not sure what I had set wrong.

Thanks, Skeeter
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

skeeter355 wrote:Jody

Just went to the Everlast site and saw that the 255EXT does have the spot weld setting.

So for me to set up the 210 EXT to do a similar thing what values would you set for pre-flow, start amps, end amps and post-flow? I would assume you are setting upslope and downslope to 0 and welding amps to your target amps. Also should the torch be on 2T or 4T. I attempted it the other day after your video came out and the torch didn't turn off immediately so not sure what I had set wrong.

Thanks, Skeeter
2T would be what you want. On/off. 4T the initial button press/hold initiates the arc, releasing the button brings it up to welding amps, holding it again starts the down slope, letting off when it reaches the end amps extinguishes the arc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-