Comments & questions on new & past videos
taylorkh
    Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:43 am

I greatly enjoyed the most recent video. As a hobbyist welder I do not have the capability (or really the need) for gas shielded flux core. My Hobart HH180 will run .035 self shielded flux core at most. That said...

I did get to run some ESAB dual shield and bright shield (stainless gas shielded flux core) when I took a couple of courses at the local Community College. The process really comes into its own when run in spray transfer mode. How about a video demonstrating spray transfer with gas shielded flux core?

Ken

p.s. Perhaps we can take up a collection to purchase Jody a new set of gloves after making the video :D I burned up a good set of Miller gloves and an aluminum coated kevlar backhand pad playing with this stuff. It is HOT.
Zerk
    Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:19 pm

I liked the video as well, but I'm not clear as to what the purpose of the process is. Sure flux core has better penetration for a given welder's power, but why the shielding gas? Would love to know.

Thanks
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

It's all about productivity. Dual shield flux core has the fastest deposition rate whilst achieving good penetration and high quality welds out of all the hand held processes.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'