Comments & questions on new & past videos

I went all the way to Chicago to meet a guy who lives and works near me ... JD Brewer is owner of Apex Welding
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/pip ... -fcaw.html

Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Nice video. The guys in the shop were I work run a lot of the dual shield on pipe as well. There doing some 48in sch 40 right now and I asked them how long it was taking to weld out from end of tack up to end of cover. He said an hour to an hour and a half. There using the same kind of wire running .045 at 350 imp. Not sure on the volts.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Really good video, thanks guys. I think it's the coming process. On many of the bigger projects welders are already being issued with filter speedglas headgear so it is logical progression given the speed and quality of the weld.
Wish I could get a $20 mag sweeper here in oz it's awesome. HF needs to open up here.

Similarly I have not seen a 6" grinder here, I have to make do with 5".
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
kolo
    Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:12 am

Jody, JD I'm assuming you switched power input over to 230 when you started the dual shield work on the pipe joint.
I picked up 1 of these Lincoln 210 MP's , when I demoed it at the dealer I welded 1/8 stick 7018 on 115 and was pretty impressed. However when I got it home I tried that and kept blowing the breaker fairly quick. Put the amp clamp on at the breaker and found I was pulling 30 amp, way to much for the 15 amp ciruit. following monday I got a hold of the dealer and he then informed me that they were set up on a 30 amp 115 circuit. Think I got a little false advertisement there,
Question I have is how well have others faired welding 1/8 stick on 115. in my case it will handle 3/32 pretty well but not the 1/8. I know 230 is great but i bought the machine for portability and thought it would be nice to just hook into the nearest 115 outlet and go for small stuff. Nobody in the real world has 30 amp 115. The machine says it should pull just over 21 amp max so don't know if unit is drawing unusually high amps or I'm expecting to much? Any input would be appreciated.