Comments & questions on new & past videos

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/aff ... s-pt2.html
http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/aff ... lders.html
I am a day late and a dollar short on posting this but here goes anyway...
but here are the latest 2 videos on tig welders.

Jody

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Great videos as always.

And...a Tig welder giveaway?

That sounded good until I realised that the welder would take the wrong plug/power for The Land of Oz, and that it also would cost a lot in stamps to have it sent over here... :lol:

But seriously, what a great initiative. Jody just keeps serving up the value.

Kym
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Kim if I remember to register and I win. I'll pay to send the machine to you.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

Poland308 wrote:Kim if I remember to register and I win. I'll pay to send the machine to you.

I like those odds...only a couple of 'ifs' in there!

(It helps that I'm a natural optimist.) :lol:

Kym
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

Green is nice :lol:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Good Luck to us both. :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

It sure would be nice to see an old syncrowave thrown into the mix in the next video. Especially comparing aluminum welding on an old tech square wave machine to an inverter.
Multimatic 255
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Louie1961 wrote:It sure would be nice to see an old syncrowave thrown into the mix in the next video. Especially comparing aluminum welding on an old tech square wave machine to an inverter.
It's the Weldor not the welder that makes the weld. I'll bet you won't be able to tell a difference if Jody is doing the welding.

soutthpaw wrote:
Louie1961 wrote:It sure would be nice to see an old syncrowave thrown into the mix in the next video. Especially comparing aluminum welding on an old tech square wave machine to an inverter.
It's the Weldor not the welder that makes the weld. I'll bet you won't be able to tell a difference if Jody is doing the welding.
WE might not be able to tell the difference, but Jody could, and I'm sure he would be able to let us know the differences that he experiences, what he had to compensate for, etc. I think that this is a valid suggestion that would be helpful for those who have maybe stumbled on an old Syncro at a good price.

Kym

MosquitoMoto wrote:
soutthpaw wrote:
WE might not be able to tell the difference, but Jody could, and I'm sure he would be able to let us know the differences that he experiences, what he had to compensate for, etc. I think that this is a valid suggestion that would be helpful for those who have maybe stumbled on an old Syncro at a good price.
Kym
Is this conversation about the "look" of the finished weld or the welders ability to distinguish between the SW and an inverter during the weld?
Richard
Website
    Wed Jan 22, 2014 12:00 am

Is this conversation about the "look" of the finished weld or the welders ability to distinguish between the SW and an inverter during the weld?
For me it is about Jody's perception of any advantages or disadvantages of one over the other, whether that be in the look of the finished weld, his ability to distinguish between welders, if one makes a welder harder/easier to complete, or virtually any other significant difference he can discern. I know Jody used to own/run a syncrowave 250 and now runs a bunch of inverters. I am just interested in the man's take on the differences and how material they are.
Multimatic 255
Tom Osselton
    Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:33 am

I picked up a syncrowave 351 last year so I'd be interested I can learn alot about inverters here but sometimes wonder just how much they differ but so far so good! :D

Time and again I see suggestions something like this: "If you want a rock solid welder but you don't want to pay a fortune, there are plenty of old Syncros on Craigslist."

I'm not in the market for one, but I would love to see Jody using one and hear his opinion regarding the pros and cons of these (apparently) legendary machines. Just curious, really.

Kym