Comments & questions on new & past videos

http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/ahp ... -200x.html

As stated in the video, If you are on my email list, you are already in the running for this welder giveaway...
you can sign up on the homepage of http://www.weldingtipsandtricks.com/

however, It has occurred to me that I also need to do a giveaway or 2 strictly for forum members so I will be working on that too. Havent done much of this sorta thing so I will make mistakes...but maybe I can get some companies to pony up.

best,

jody

Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Always good, thanks so much Jody. I learn something every single time.

And as for the giveaway, what a great idea. But seeing as I'm in Australia I'm just gonna be grateful that I already own a pretty decent machine and wish you folks in the states all the best with this.

Jody just keeps on giving - love this forum.

Kym
Bsmith
    Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm

Awesome! Two giveaways, sweet!

I'm just happy to be a sponge here soaking up everything I can.

Thanks Jody, you rule!
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

If you don't win the machine and want to purchase one, you can message me. I'm an authorized AHP distributor.... :lol:
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Jody, giving away an AC DC TIG machine is WOW! very generous. I'd hate to see your generosity snap back at you- would it be an idea to set up some terms and conditions around the giveaway? Maybe something like "This machine works now but it's used, so if it breaks go talk to AHP, not me". Or maybe something like "shipping to continental US only" or "I'll split the shipping cost with you" because there are people on this board from all over the planet, and you'll find out that shipping to Africa or Inner Mongolia is not cheap.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't mean to get all legalistic. You've probably thought all this through already. I'm sure your motivation for the giveaway is, I've got this redundant machine, I'll give it away and make someone's day, maybe launch a new welder's career. I'd just hate for it to go wrong somehow and create problems for you.

Some years back I gave a washing machine away on Freecycle.org. The washer had a problem that I could not fix, and I posted it as "Washer- NEEDS REPAIR". The first line in my post was "NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART", and I described what troubleshooting and repairs I had attempted. Some guy contacts me, says I'll take it, and I responded back with "you understand this thing is broken, right?" Before I helped him load it I said "you understand this thing is broken, right?" Then after a day or two the guy starts emailing with "how do I fix this thing?" I responded back with "I've already taken my best shot" and the guy would not stop emailing questions... then he started calling the house after babies were down, and that was the last straw. I got non-linear, firmly told this guy to stop calling, that it was his machine now, he needs to deal with it, if you ever call my house and wake my babies again I will hunt you down etc etc. Then I had him repeat it all back to me just to be sure, and he stopped.

My point is that "free" and "contest" and "giveaway" might make some type of person feel entitled to something you never intended, and that spelling out some ground rules in advance might be worthwhile.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:59 am

Thank you Jody,

As always another stellar presentation. The give-away is an excellent Idea.

In the future might you be able to review the Eastwood 200 Amp AC/DC TIG welder? It would be very informative for those hobbyist TIG welders who see it as the most cost conscious method of convincing our wives we should enter the TIG and aluminum welding environment. I would also be interested in whether it could be used to repair broken boss and lugs on aluminum castings and how well it might perform. (up to 3/8" thick?)

Again, thank you kindly for your excellent videos.
ATR2, VAW114, NamVet '70-'72
Bsmith
    Wed May 25, 2016 7:38 pm

Artie F. Emm wrote:Jody, giving away an AC DC TIG machine is WOW! very generous. I'd hate to see your generosity snap back at you- would it be an idea to set up some terms and conditions around the giveaway? Maybe something like "This machine works now but it's used, so if it breaks go talk to AHP, not me". Or maybe something like "shipping to continental US only" or "I'll split the shipping cost with you" because there are people on this board from all over the planet, and you'll find out that shipping to Africa or Inner Mongolia is not cheap.

I'm not a lawyer and I don't mean to get all legalistic. You've probably thought all this through already. I'm sure your motivation for the giveaway is, I've got this redundant machine, I'll give it away and make someone's day, maybe launch a new welder's career. I'd just hate for it to go wrong somehow and create problems for you.

Some years back I gave a washing machine away on Freecycle.org. The washer had a problem that I could not fix, and I posted it as "Washer- NEEDS REPAIR". The first line in my post was "NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART", and I described what troubleshooting and repairs I had attempted. Some guy contacts me, says I'll take it, and I responded back with "you understand this thing is broken, right?" Before I helped him load it I said "you understand this thing is broken, right?" Then after a day or two the guy starts emailing with "how do I fix this thing?" I responded back with "I've already taken my best shot" and the guy would not stop emailing questions... then he started calling the house after babies were down, and that was the last straw. I got non-linear, firmly told this guy to stop calling, that it was his machine now, he needs to deal with it, if you ever call my house and wake my babies again I will hunt you down etc etc. Then I had him repeat it all back to me just to be sure, and he stopped.

My point is that "free" and "contest" and "giveaway" might make some type of person feel entitled to something you never intended, and that spelling out some ground rules in advance might be worthwhile.

This isn't Jodys fault or problem.

Free isn't always free but they dont have to take it.
People are idiots, we can't help them all. I would have threw that washing machine away or not gave away my number.
hey_allen
    Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:09 pm

I firmly agree, there are idiots around us.

That said, I just recently heard about one malicious "idiot" who is known for manipulating circumstances and then abusing legal process by suing for outrageous reasons and amounts.

One suggestion I saw wherever I initially read about this was just to make sure that there is some sort of "hold-blameless" agreement so you can't be abused by this sort of idiocy.

http://www.geek.com/news/man-sells-40-p ... 0-1657419/

(Don't let that hinder anyone's generosity here or elsewhere, just cover your rears! :D )
-Josh
Greasy fingered tinkerer.

Great points that I hadnt thought about. thanks very much,
Jody
Artie F. Emm wrote:Jody, giving away an AC DC TIG machine is WOW! very generous. I'd hate to see your generosity snap back at you- would it be an idea to set up some terms and conditions around the giveaway? Maybe something like "This machine works now but it's used, so if it breaks go talk to AHP, not me". Or maybe something like "shipping to continental US only" or "I'll split the shipping cost with you" because there are people on this board from all over the planet, and you'll find out that shipping to Africa or Inner Mongolia is not cheap.