Ideas & suggestions for videos
Welder chimp
    Sun Mar 18, 2018 1:11 pm

So many times I’ve had people tell me “you can’t run downhill, it’s a crappy weld”. It would be nice to see some etched samples of common applications to clear things up for people. Thanks keep up the great work!
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

I run downhill mig every day at work. Stainless steel trailer manufacturer. Welding in support rings is all downhill. If it’s vertical it’s downhill. Typically it is 10 or 11 Gauge stainless. Pipe welders run downhill with stick as well.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Although pipe can be welded downhill with stick. Very little is done that way. Most wps I’ve seen are strictly uphill on stick.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Poland308 wrote:Although pipe can be welded downhill with stick. Very little is done that way. Most wps I’ve seen are strictly uphill on stick.
For root passes with 6010, a single 360 weld is the WPS for live gas taps. A bit of an esoteric application I agree, but it is done commonly. Filled and capped uphill though.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Most gas mains are tapped on the top, putting the weld in a nearly horizontal position.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
cj737
    Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 am

Poland308 wrote:Most gas mains are tapped on the top, putting the weld in a nearly horizontal position.
Sorry, should have been a tad more specific. Residential gas service from mains. They are made on the side of the main, then, new horizontal service pipe is run parallel to the ground. That means uphill, downhill, and horizontal welds from a single pass. I'm good friends with a bloke who's been doing it for 28 years, same company. Doesn't even have a 70xx rod on his truck. The service lines are also single, continuous welds (according to my buddy).