Ideas & suggestions for videos
Deepsea
    Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:59 am

What effect does burn through have on this alloy and can it be mitigated by welding in a purge box? How does the carbon eqaivalency effect this class of metals and what can be done to prevent future problems? Specific suggestions for working with 1.1mm (.043) butt and outside corner joints.
starvncoyote
    Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:50 pm

I'm surprised no one jumped on this, but it does seem more like a question for your google search bar. Backing strips might be a bit much, but there is always copper or aluminum you can use as backing. It will help stop burn thru, protect the back from oxides, and help soak up the heat. I will warn you I work in a metal fab. shop that only deals with the basic aluminum, mild, and stainless steels. Just try to keep it simple and it will work.
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

No one has jumped in because it’s really loaded. Conflicting information: on the one hand the manufacturer says it’s easily weldable and on the other hand the ce calc is so high you wouldn’t even touch it with a soldering iron.
A rat can be smelled here. The op knows alot more than he is saying and maybe is just looking for some fun. Best not to touch it.

Sent using Tapatalk
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Or a spam bot.