Ideas & suggestions for videos
AkArcAngel
    Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 pm

I'd like to see a demonstration of the proper marking and fit up of a 90 degree saddle i know its more of a fitting subject than welding but a lot of jobs now a days want the welder to be his own fitter.
Thanks from an Alaskan welder
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey there,

Welcome to the forum.

In Jodys' last video, the one on welding a push bike, he mentioned a downloadable program called,I believe, pipe genie.
This program lets you add pipe diameters and anglesand then print off a template to wrap around the pipe. This could easily made into a steel sheet sleave to slide over the pipe, mark out and remove/ store for next time.

Mick

Hey,

I just researched the pipe program a bit more, It isn't what I said, pipe genie,(not sure where i pulled that one from). Its from Metal Geek.com under tubing coping. It takes all the guess work out of pipe branches, and some of the skill too. But lets face it, not everyone is a superhero pipe guru now, are they? Im gunna use it if the need ever arises.

http://www.metalgeek.com/static/cope.pcgi

Mick
AkArcAngel
    Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:55 pm

Thanks for those links I may be putting them to use. I like to think I am a pretty good fitter but sometimes I come accross one thats baffling.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I gotta hunt in FaceBook..

I know a smart-phone app, on android I think, that turns your smartphone into the ulitmate bluebook.

Here's the FB link for that android pipe app:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 421&type=1

The spammers actually sound like humans know. Probably should can him.

Mick

That was my thought.

I decided to give a bit to see if there's a human response. Sometimes language barriers make it sound like spam when it ain't, though I doubt that's the case this time.

And nobody's reported it yet.

Steve S

Hey,

Im just about ready to can anyone with an ad in their footer. Those kitchen cabinent ones have been on here a bit lately,

Mick
BAP
  • BAP
    Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:56 am

http://www.harborfreight.com/pipe-tubin ... 42324.html

This little jig might be of interest to some of you. They are not as accurate as one might like and some out of the box need a little setup work to get them dialed in. Depending on the size of material being used and the degree of accuracy this might be of help. Retails for about 50.00 us. I saw a utube demo of this some time ago that made it look like a useful tool

I did find a more accurate HD one with an expected bigger price tag that is more accurate, allows tilt for angle cuts, and all round better built (bought it in a yard sale) I will try to find a source or manufactures name for anyone interested.

bap

Bap,

Those things are REAL handy for coping small-bore pipe and tubing. Building a roll-cage, for example, and our founder, Jody (as well as other members who are involved in the EAA) know exactly what you're talking about.

Under the definition of "pipefitter",in the industrial sense, are tasks like making a reducing branch wye, for 72" pipe to 24" pipe at a 37.5* rolling-offset angle.

I'm not sure what level of "pipefitting" the OP was after, though.

Steve S