Ideas & suggestions for videos
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:33 pm

Hello,

What a great site! I am a complete noob to welding but I get a little better each time... And I have found lots of great information here... Can you post some pics or video of what the project looks like just tac'd and how it is positioned for the weld?
If it's not a large object where you are laying upside down or limited space what is the idea position to weld in? I have read about trying to angle it so that gravity helps the weld pool travel down to help the bead lay flatter...

Hope that makes sense? Example I just recently found out beveling edges to give the weld bead area to lay flat in and when doing miter edges to cut off the corner so that weld sits in there this save so much time from grinding!

Learning the more prep time you do the better the outcome so beveling edges and figuring out the ideal position to weld (when possible) would also help me improve.

Thanks!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

In an ideal world, you could rotate everything to weld it flat, where, as you said, gravity is an assist, but given time, practice, and study, you'll find that you can weld in any position and achieve the same result.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Hot Chop Shop.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200