Ideas & suggestions for videos
88MOOSE88
    Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:13 am

Ive always looked up to jody and his welding and thought of him almost as a welding Yoda, we all appreciate the videos he supply's us with, just a quick ask though.

It would be interesting to see stick and tig welding inside corners like on angle iron and channel.

I've done a little tiging and sticking around corners but always wanted to improve.

It would be great if that was shown,

Thanks jody
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

I would also like to see more stick welding videos and how to go around these corners, more on how to position yourself as you go around. Pinkie to Thumb needs to be better explained. It is kind of like a mini lightsaber in the hands of the jedi master. I'm going to have to watch a lot of stick welding training videos if I am going to have any hope of surviving the coming apocalypse. Did you see those vehicles in Mad Max? They would not have survived without all that awesome welding.

When I look through my lens, it doesn't look crystal clear like Jody's videos. If it did, I could probably follow a line. My hands get all bunched up before the end of the rod, why is this happening?
88MOOSE88 wrote:Ive always looked up to jody and his welding and thought of him almost as a welding Yoda, we all appreciate the videos he supply's us with, just a quick ask though.

It would be interesting to see stick and tig welding inside corners like on angle iron and channel.

I've done a little tiging and sticking around corners but always wanted to improve.

Thanks jody
Airco Heliwelder, model 3A/DDR-224HPA/B-D
LWS Kobalt Helmet / Blue Flame HF
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder
Chicken Hammer for Pecking Divots
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

mbmalone wrote:I would also like to see more stick welding videos and how to go around these corners, more on how to position yourself as you go around. Pinkie to Thumb needs to be better explained. It is kind of like a mini lightsaber in the hands of the jedi master. I'm going to have to watch a lot of stick welding training videos if I am going to have any hope of surviving the coming apocalypse. Did you see those vehicles in Mad Max? They would not have survived without all that awesome welding.

When I look through my lens, it doesn't look crystal clear like Jody's videos. If it did, I could probably follow a line. My hands get all bunched up before the end of the rod, why is this happening?
88MOOSE88 wrote:Ive always looked up to jody and his welding and thought of him almost as a welding Yoda, we all appreciate the videos he supply's us with, just a quick ask though.

Thanks jody

Here's me...
Night be a little help.
If not, just kindly ignore..... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OjADMSDeiQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nu8RJL65Ss

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?41 ... Slider-job
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

Now I can checkout your youtube channel. At first, I was wondering why this guy was using a drill press without cutting oil, but I guess you wouldn't want to weld on it. I wish I could weld like that.

What is that yellow welder, some kind of communist special?
If you run your 6010 beads using arc control, that's a cheat. They didn't used to have that stuff.

http://youtu.be/CW7I-ymfINU
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder

Yes, I didn't feel like getting that part all oily....
Yes a wipe down with mineral spirits would've cleaned right up, but naw, it did just fine.

That welder is my Esab miniarc 161.
No arc force hot start etc.
Burn 7018 and 6010 great.

Here's a quick pic.

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?41 ... -of-course
Oh here's the thread on the bumper build, if you feel like it.

~John

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Hahahahaha he called an ESAB a communist special!!! :D:D:D:D:D
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

@mbmalone
You've mentioned your poor eyesight a number of times. Are you using a cheater lens in your helmet? They make them up to at least 3 power and it really helps my old tired eyes.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len

Hey fellas,
Way better videos for welding round parts right here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq2LgmThpP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wvr0ZpbZ3KA

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

That's a mighty fine looking weld there. I was searching on that welder and it is supposed to have automatic arc force and hot start, they just aren't adjustable. Unless I was misreading something. I would be fine with that, just to have it.

I am going to take at look at your videos.
I found a 300 AMP AC/DC Heliwelder for sale, but it looks really big and probably requires 3-phase power, idk.
Do you know anything about such a machine?
Yes, I would also like to learn to TIG.
AKweldshop wrote:Yes, I didn't feel like getting that part all oily....
Yes a wipe down with mineral spirits would've cleaned right up, but naw, it did just fine.

That welder is my Esab miniarc 161.
No arc force hot start etc.
Burn 7018 and 6010 great.

Here's a quick pic.

Oh here's the thread on the bumper build, if you feel like it.

~John
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder

Where's the link to your welder???

I can inspect it for you....

Here's the link to a bumper build I did, using only this Esab welder.

It welds really nice.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024

I have thought of a cheater lens, but my eyes have more problems than that, including astigmatism. I have bifocals that I wear, but have been trying to use monvision contacts. Near vision in one eye, distance in the other. Depth perception becomes difficult. If I use a cheater, I still have to wear contacts and the eye with the reading contact goes completely blurry. I had lasik many years ago, but it was a failure. I am trying to learn to feel the metal, Once in a while I find the right angle and I can see, I have a good run. They have some special contacts out now, but there are very expensive and need to be replaced every 5-6 months. If I could earn money welding, I would buy them.
Braehill wrote:@mbmalone
You've mentioned your poor eyesight a number of times. Are you using a cheater lens in your helmet? They make them up to at least 3 power and it really helps my old tired eyes.

Len
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

mbmalone wrote:I have thought of a cheater lens, but my eyes have more problems than that, including astigmatism. I have bifocals that I wear, but have been trying to use monvision contacts. Near vision in one eye, distance in the other. Depth perception becomes difficult. If I use a cheater, I still have to wear contacts and the eye with the reading contact goes completely blurry. I had lasik many years ago, but it was a failure. I am trying to learn to feel the metal, Once in a while I find the right angle and I can see, I have a good run. They have some special contacts out now, but there are very expensive and need to be replaced every 5-6 months. If I could earn money welding, I would buy them.
Why not just have your optometrist make you some work glasses corrected to 18" just like computer glasses?
Problem solved :)

I also have astigmatism and only use bifocals for small stuff. For welding I use cheaters in the lid and no magnification in my glasses.
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.

When I lift my head from the weld I get sick from the blurr and motion. If I looked over the top of the glasses, I would risk getting chips and slag in my eyes and would not be able to see anything unless I was wearing distance only contacts in both eyes at the same time. There is no easy solution that I have found. Considering not wearing contacts and special order occupational bifocals with bifocals both above and below. Then thin area in the middle would be for normal distance and they would only be able to be worn while working. This is what my doctor has suggested. That is, if I can't get these monovision contacts to work.

Otherwise, a ton of money for custom made SynergEyes Multifocal Hybrid Contacts for people over 40 which must be replaced every 5-6 months. The bifocal goes all the way around the pupil, unlike regular contacts. Probably 1,200-$1,400 to get yourself in your first pair.
MinnesotaDave wrote:
Why not just have your optometrist make you some work glasses corrected to 18" just like computer glasses?
Problem solved :)
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder