Ideas & suggestions for videos
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

I would like to see more of the Pinkie to Thumb Collapse Technique [Stick Welding] with 1/8" 6010
It sounds easy, looks cool, but it's actually hard for me to do. My fingers keep getting in the way, idk.

I would like to see example of all positions in a single video. :geek:
Airco Heliwelder, model 3A/DDR-224HPA/B-D
LWS Kobalt Helmet / Blue Flame HF
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder
Chicken Hammer for Pecking Divots
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

mbmalone wrote:I would like to see more of the Pinkie to Thumb Collapse Technique [Stick Welding] with 1/8" 6010
It sounds easy, looks cool, but it's actually hard for me to do. My fingers keep getting in the way, idk.

Wow!, Tall order, but I can do....

http://welding-tv.com/2013/12/17/6g-6010-root/
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri May 09, 2014 9:54 am

That would be great. You don't actually have to run all the rods. I was just trying to figure out how to get my hands positioned right. I even took small clips of some of Jody's videos and tried to stitch them together, for my own benefit.

I saw him attach a pair of vise grips below, when he was welding vertical. That helped a lot. I just have to figure out this thing. I think he has the best finished welds and i would like to mimic his technique. He seems to have found the best way to do it. Anyone else with a better way should upload some videos for comparison.

Staring today, I have a new pair of soft contacts with a slightly different script, which I'll be trying.
AKweldshop wrote:
mbmalone wrote:I would like to see more of the Pinkie to Thumb Collapse Technique [Stick Welding] with 1/8" 6010

Wow!, Tall order, but I can do....

http://welding-tv.com/2013/12/17/6g-6010-root/
Airco Heliwelder, model 3A/DDR-224HPA/B-D
LWS Kobalt Helmet / Blue Flame HF
6010 Powdered Vise Grips
Bad A$$ Orange Grinder
Chicken Hammer for Pecking Divots