Ideas & suggestions for videos
    Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:53 pm

Just wondering if you've done any tube welding 1" sch160 inconel or any other nickel based alloys. I've done a bit of nickel based stuff working on gas turbines, but no tube welding. I want to eventually end up in aerospace welding so maybe you can give some tips on that.
steeldr.
    Thu May 15, 2014 2:44 am

A 1'' schd. 160 Inconel pipe is not a joint for beginners, because of the following; Inconel has a tendency to have crater cracks, that is when cracks occur at the end of a weld segment.to eliminate this problem,taper you'r stops slow.Another problem is that Inconel welds dirtier than other metals , lots of oxides in the weld puddle. wire brush(stainless steel) or grind as necessary. Be aware torch angle, and max.interpass temperature (350 deg. f.) or as specified in weld procedure.
Inconel , in my opinion, is more difficult to weld than cu.ni,(copper nickel) or ni.cu (monel). cres (stainless steel) and cfe(carbon steel).in that order.
Hope this helps. Learn some good basic skills,then practice,practice,practice.......Ron