Ideas & suggestions for videos
GYohr
    Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:47 am

Hello, I am a welding student and have an opportunity to build my 1st welding table for myself. I really like the design of the 10 separate plate top with the multiple holes for clamping. Is it alright of me to ask for help in creating one like that for myself? Thanks for the vine and am looking forward to any response :) p.s. I plan on doing mostly TIG welding Thanks again
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Someone else had asked not long ago.
Think the general concensus was that it would be hard to get it as precise as a real strong hand table.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

GYohr,
Welcome to the forum. I am of the opinion that the cost effective solution is to purchase the Strong Hand table, or one similar. However, if you really want to attempt it I would recommend getting cold rolled bar. This will be the closest material as far as trueness to those machines plates. Next you will need to lay out those holes the beat you can an use either a Jancy slugger or Milwaukee type mag drill. The Jancy is faster and makes the better holes, in my opinion. You can rent mag drills from places like Leppo Rents or General Rent All. I you have time to spare than there is nothing wrong with attempting this. I considered trying it at one time and who knows, I might get bored one day and do it (probably not). Let us know what you decided and post up the pictures.
-Jonathan