Ideas & suggestions for videos
Fallon
    Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:49 pm

It might be cool to do a video on plasma cutting. I just picked up my first one & have made a few cuts with it, but still have a ways to go. I definitely would have loved to have a Welding Tips & Tricks video on features, comparisons & stuff before I bought mine, although so far I'm happy with what I picked up.

So far I've gotten the job done, but really don't have any skill yet. Guidance on developing good plasma cutting technique would go well with the welding end of stuff.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Hey, Matt Coe,

Didn't you post links to some videos of your plasma-cutter work?

If not, you should! The artistic uses will give a much broader base of capabilities and techniques than a "how to cut a slab" video...

Fallon and others would benefit from a good demonstration of just what a plasma-cutter is capable of in confident hands.

Steve S
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

Sounds like I have some work to do now. Steve I will video my technique and put in some tips. It will probably be after new years before I am able to do it. First tip, BUY A TIG FINGER!!! I will see what I can come up with. 8-)
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Jody has made the plasma video, he refers to it as the honey badger.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Jody has one plasma video where he is making the big WTaT sign you see on his shop wall. Would help to know what machine you have to give u suggestions. Dragging on dirty metal or rusted stuff is a pain, u do better with a stand off. The varying friction of dragging makes it hard to get a steady consistent speed which is vital to a nice cut. Motorguard filter is a great addition for dry air.
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

soutthpaw wrote:Jody has one plasma video where he is making the big WTaT sign you see on his shop wall. Would help to know what machine you have to give u suggestions. Dragging on dirty metal or rusted stuff is a pain, u do better with a stand off. The varying friction of dragging makes it hard to get a steady consistent speed which is vital to a nice cut. Motorguard filter is a great addition for dry air.
The plasma cutter we had at my previous employer came with several guides in a hard plastic case to help. One was a compass type deal that used a magnet and swiveled around to make clean circles, another was a small set of rollers that clamped onto the torch handle to roll along on top of the material to keep your stand off consistent and easy to glide along. I think it also had some non-conductive straight edges included to help you make straighter cuts...etc.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

This is what you referring to http://www.flangewizard.com/products.cfm
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

soutthpaw wrote:This is what you referring to http://www.flangewizard.com/products.cfm
Looks like that, but I think this "kit" came from the plasma cutter mfg.(Thermal Dynamics)
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector