Ideas & suggestions for videos
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Jody,

I was looking around the web for videos on titanium. While there are a few videos mainly all by one particular welder, there is not one that I would call good quality or informative. Either they spend more time yapping about this or that about it and never welding, or they do a small horrendous weld and tell us its a great weld and can now be bolted on to the space shuttle. When in reality looks like a flock of geese flew over and tried to poop stitch a couple of pieces of titanium together.

So how about another one of your great vids with arc shots where a good welder shows us the correct way and tells it like it is on titanium. That way you could fill a very much lacking missing part of TIG welding on the net.

Thank you for all your vids you have done and the forum
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Fieldres on YouTube just posted a titanium pipe video.. amazingly talented welder
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

soutthpaw wrote:Fieldres on YouTube just posted a titanium pipe video.. amazingly talented welder

See above.... :D ^^^^^^
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Heh. Texting while driving. Or actually sitting in traffic
dirtmidget33
    Tue May 13, 2014 5:22 pm

AKweldshop wrote:
Let me guess, you watched Mr. Tig's titanium video? :roll:
:lol: yep when you search titanium most of videos that show up are his. :cry:
I know there been arguments before about Mr TIG and not really a big fan of his videos. I heard the credential arguments for him and they might be true an all, but consider him more of a salesman. Especially when he does a weld and claims it to be a good example of a weld or hides finished product. Yes welding on camera might be nerve racking or even posting welds on you tube takes guts some claim. I won't argue that but instead of saying what a great weld use the opportunity of a screw up or bad spot to point out what went wrong and how to improve it. Another reason I lost respect for his site was they asked what people wanted to see in his videos. I posted about showing the finished welds and pointing when things go wrong instead of just trying to hide or pass it off as good. After all the best learning experience sometimes is when things do go wrong. My post was deleted that ended my days on that site didn't see a reason to participate any further so never went back.

Would like to see Jody do a video, he does a really good job on his videos with good camera shots and good descriptions. Jody as we all know doesn't sugar coat things I like his style.
why use standard nozzles after gas lens where invented. Kinda of like starting fires by rubbing sticks together.