Ideas & suggestions for videos
weldeverydamnday
    Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:28 pm

I weld in a industrial shipyard. We build ships such as the DDG51 and DDG1000 for the navy. We do alot of pulse arc welding .045 wire 95/5 gas. We use 70S and 100 wire. I have been struggling with vertical up with 100 wire. Just wondering if you had ever done any pulse welding with 100 wire. 70 wire runs real smooth but the 100 wire is a hard wire and builds up on me and wont fill in on the sides.
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about yourself if you don't mind. I have not ran 100 series wire but we use LA90 (90ksi) which acts the same as you are discribing. It is rougher and has more silicon content. For my pulse vert up, I think I would turn the trim up a little bit more but can't honestly remember at the moment. The best way for us to help will be a pic of your weld(s) and your settings but I am guessing since you are building boats for the NAVY than you won't be able to take those pics.
-Jonathan
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum.
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
weldeverydamnday
    Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:28 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:Welcome to the forum. Tell us a little about yourself if you don't mind. I have not ran 100 series wire but we use LA90 (90ksi) which acts the same as you are discribing. It is rougher and has more silicon content. For my pulse vert up, I think I would turn the trim up a little bit more but can't honestly remember at the moment. The best way for us to help will be a pic of your weld(s) and your settings but I am guessing since you are building boats for the NAVY than you won't be able to take those pics.
-Jonathan
Im 20 years old just got out of welding school. I took 2 years of vocational in high school then i went to Lincoln Technical Institute. After i graduated from there i joined the ironworkers union which i only lasted there for about 5 months. I am now working for Bath Iron Works in Bath, ME. Which as ive already said builds ships for the navy and you are right I can not take pictures. I did get it figured out though. It was my first week out on the deck plates just needed to learn the machines and my feeder. They run Miller 350 and Miller 354 machines. I didnt really end up having to change my settings much from the 70 wire to the 100 wire I just turned the adaptive off on the machine and switched it to a different pre programmed setting. Verts are coming out smooth as glass now! Now im just struggling with mirror work. Everyone keeps telling me to stop thinking when welding mirror but thats hard!