Bobw
    Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:10 am

I think a video about mirror welding in confined places would be very helpful
tools used and special techniques
either stick or TIG
Thanks
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

If you don't already, subscribe to user Fieldres on YouTube. He is amazing, his channel is "the welding channel" He has some through the gap and some difficult location videos. Also see he has favorited some off Jody's videos. He also suffers from an SA200 addiction hah.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I hate to say it, but mirror welding, like shaving, is something you have to do to learn. Videos and advice "can" help you, but making your hands do the exact opposite of what your eyes see is a matter of practice.

I'll add, when I'm in the mirror, and come around to straight-on vision, I have to stop, walk away for a minute or two, and come back. I CANNOT make the transition instantly... When I'm in the groove welding in the mirror, and come back to direct sight, my hands try to work backward just like I'm still in the mirror.

Those who do it every day, all the time, may not have so much of an issue with this.

Steve S
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

I'm with you Steve, I have to stop. Haven't done it quite a while so it would take a few dry runs to get my head on backwards.

Len

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

I haven't done any mirror welding in over 20 years, and probably couldn't no matter how much I tried. Too many shoulder injuries! The muscles just don't work the same anymore! Other than that, I try to stay away from mirrors! I hate to be reminded of how old, fat and ugly I am.
plain ol Bill
    Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:46 pm

I hate to be reminded of how old, fat and ugly I am.
I resemble that!
Tired old welder
CNC plasma cutter
Colorful shop w/
Red, blue, yellow, purple, and Hypertherm silver equip.