Ideas & suggestions for videos
WhiskeyJack
    Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:14 pm

Went out and leased a 250 cubic foot tank tonight it's only $47 a year plus whatever gas I use. I should have checked further into the settings post flow was way too long almost 12 seconds too much gas while welding 22 CFH was way too much in a hurry to start using the machine and I found its really necessary to wear gloves especially when you go to strike and arc and the filler rod hits the tungsten as the arc starts it's a real eye opener. Thanks for all the input now I can watch welding tips and tricks on TIG and relate it to something and hopefully it will sink in.
    Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:26 am

12 seconds is an eternity. Going through an 80 ft bottle in a day is a LOT. you were probably using the gas 2-3 times more than you needed. With a gas lens and no bad drafts you should be able to use 10CFH. $47/yr ain't too bad, I've seen lots at $15/month. I just did a a day's worth of Tig on these 316 Stainless bearing journals, there's a LOT of weld on there, I bet I didn't use more than 40 cu ft of argon.
20160104_095039.jpg
20160104_095039.jpg (55.82 KiB) Viewed 1769 times
Ryan

Miller Dynasty 350 w/wireless pedal
Miller 350P with standard torch and XR-Aluma-Pro
Miller Multimatic 200 w/spool gun w/wireless pedal
Miller Spectrum 375 X-TREME
Smith torches
Optrel e684
Miller Digital Elite
Miller Weld-Mask
WhiskeyJack
    Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:14 pm

After trading out my 80cft to a leased 250 I've spent a lot of time on the machine both on steel and alum.. I checked this tank when received and it had 2400 psi and after a week of after work welding maybe an hour a night I'm still over 2000 so I'm not sure how full the 80cft was. Lesson learned but at $47 a year lease I'm ok with that. Gotta get me a metal bench as I keep setting my wooden bench on fire. Good thing is it's a concrete floor and block wall.
So far welder has done well, I keep up on all the new YouTube segments picking up tricks as I work through the learning curve.