Ideas & suggestions for videos
ave13co6@gmail.com
    Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:38 am

Hello, I am an old guy who cant really see the weld as I put it down. I have been searching all over the net for some sort of light that would be bright enough and not burn up(attatched to the gun). I have found the Mig Light available at ebay and amazon but I am really reluctant because of lousy reviews.

I also think that plastic thing will burn up in the first 5 minutes. Add that to the huge price they want for that particular item makes me not want to buy it.
I could just take a mnimag flashlight with some romex wire and getter done that way too but would rather get a light that was made for this purpose.

Does Lincoln or Miller or Hobart make anything like the Mig Light?

Here is a link to those at amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YK ... 1_1&sr=8-1
Last edited by ave13co6@gmail.com on Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Do you already have a magnifier lense in your hood?
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Have you tried using a lighter shade lense?
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

You might consider affixing one of the headlamps that comes with an elastic headband to your helmet. They're multi-LED and pretty bright.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
ave13co6@gmail.com

Going to do this...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Maglite-Mini ... /206463089

Attatch the 272 lumen light to my hood with....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330860627089?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

And the 98 lumen light will be wired? attatched? to my welding gun. But I expect it wont last long.

I have a Hobart 187 and this machine makes my buger welds look a h*** of a lot better. Had a Harbor Freight 90 amp and finally just tossed it in the dumpster.

Being able to actually see the bead will further my quest for a perfect weld...hopefully
I will need to look further into a cheater. I have a HF hood and dont know if any will fit that cheapo. I might need to spend some money and get a decent hood that will accept the cheater lense.

Thanks for your reply
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

ave13co6@gmail.com wrote:Going to do this...

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Maglite-Mini ... /206463089

Attatch the 272 lumen light to my hood with....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/330860627089?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

And the 98 lumen light will be wired? attatched? to my welding gun. But I expect it wont last long.

I have a Hobart 187 and this machine makes my buger welds look a h*** of a lot better. Had a Harbor Freight 90 amp and finally just tossed it in the dumpster.

Being able to actually see the bead will further my quest for a perfect weld...hopefully
I will need to look further into a cheater. I have a HF hood and dont know if any will fit that cheapo. I might need to spend some money and get a decent hood that will accept the cheater lense.

Thanks for your reply
My dad has a cheater in his harbor freight helmet for what it's worth.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
ave13co6@gmail.com

I was looking into another hood and found a hood from Jackson, See here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KW1 ... al_qh_dp_t

In the ad I noticed that it said "Jackson Safety W40 Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet, HaloX, Black (40713), 2 Units / Case"

and

"Choose from grind and weld modes (use it for mig welding, tig welding and arc welding) on this value-centric welding mask (2 per order)"

leading me to believe that they were actually selling 2 hoods for that price. I wrote to amazon about it and Im waiting for a reply.

I checked around and this is a very good price for 1 let alone 2,,,,

ave13co6@gmail.com wrote:I was looking into another hood and found a hood from Jackson, See here...

In the ad I noticed that it said "Jackson Safety W40 Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet, HaloX, Black (40713), 2 Units / Case"

and

"Choose from grind and weld modes (use it for mig welding, tig welding and arc welding) on this value-centric welding mask (2 per order)"

leading me to believe that they were actually selling 2 hoods for that price. I wrote to amazon about it and Im waiting for a reply.

No need to wait, scroll down to the Customer Questions & Answers on that page, the question has already been asked and answered.
Richard
Website
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

ave13co6@gmail.com wrote:I have a HF hood and dont know if any will fit that cheapo. I might need to spend some money and get a decent hood that will accept the cheater lense.
If it doesn't fit, just use tape to hold it.
ave13co6@gmail.com

LtBadd wrote:
ave13co6@gmail.com wrote:I was looking into another hood and found a hood from Jackson, See here...

and

No need to wait, scroll down to the Customer Questions & Answers on that page, the question has already been asked and answered.

That was ME asking the community. But I am waiting for customer service....What hood is recommended?

ave13co6@gmail.com wrote:
That was ME asking the community. But I am waiting for customer service....What hood is recommended?
Fair enough, I would guess you already know the answer, still as you say the ad isn't concise.
Richard
Website
ave13co6@gmail.com

I told them that I might buy one of those hoods as soon as the ad is fixed. Its a problem that should be addressed. Have you noticed at Amazon that they have the Vine Program and that there is a Vine Customer Review of Free Product to those who are invited.

Take a close look at customer reviews. You will sometimes see "Vine Customer Review of Free Product" printed in green above a review.
Those people are sent a product for FREE for their opinion of that product. You must be invited to be in the program but once you get in, you will have a constant supply of FREE stuff coming from Amazon.

As for the Hood. I am really leaning toward the Jackson Safety SmarTiger because it has a builtin magnifying lens holder and doesnt cost much more than the W40 Insight. I have looked hi and lo trying to find info about which helmets will accept cheater lenses but that info seems elusive and hard to find.

You have to read a page or two about each welding helmet. Jackson makes good stuff, Thats a given,

ave13co6@gmail.com wrote: As for the Hood. I am really leaning toward the Jackson Safety SmarTiger because it has a builtin magnifying lens holder and doesnt cost much more than the W40 Insight. I have looked hi and lo trying to find info about which helmets will accept cheater lenses but that info seems elusive and hard to find.

You have to read a page or two about each welding helmet. Jackson makes good stuff, Thats a given,
Any major brand hoods (Miller, Lincoln...etc) will accept the cheater lens.
Richard
Website