Ideas & suggestions for videos
gbrk
    Sat May 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Hi Jody, I'm new to Mig and I really don't know if I'm using enough gas or wasteing gas. I've seen your video on using different kinds of gases, but I can't find any videos on where to set my gas. I have a new Lincoln power Mig 210 MP and using the guages that come with it. Are these guages ok or should I get better? So far, almost everything I know about Mig welding, I've learned from your videos.
Thank you.
Grant
Grant
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Hey, Grant, welcome to the forum.

Here's a Lincoln reference for you:
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/assets/g ... /c4200.pdf

And here's the boil-down answer to your question, from page 28:
The rate of flow for short-circuiting transfer with either CO2 or a mixed shielding gas is usually 25 - 30 cfh, (12-17 L/min). For globular transfer or axial spray transfer, the flow rate is nominally set at 35 - 50 cfh (17 - 21 L/min).

From the picture at the Lincoln site, the 210MP comes with a regulator that shows cylinder pressure on the right hand gauge and delivery pressure on the left hand gauge. That will do the job, although many people prefer a flow meter.

Just in case it's helpful, here's a link to a weld settings calculator:
https://www.millerwelds.com/resources/w ... calculator

What kind of projects do you have in mind?
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Welcome to the forum. First, Jody really doesn't touch the forum. It's run by us for us. For most of my mig welding I usually run 20-25 CFH for anything that you could do with a 210 mp.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
gbrk
    Sat May 21, 2016 11:32 pm

Hey, thanks a bunch for the advice, and Dave, my first project was building a cart of my welder and metal chop saw. i'm using it but not painted it yet because I wasn't sure what kind of cable hangers to use on it yet. I think I know now, just got to get em done. When I get them on and painted I will post some pictures.
Grant