General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
gordon stephenson
    Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 pm

IMG_0156.jpg
IMG_0156.jpg (172.61 KiB) Viewed 682 times
Hi, Guys, been a member for a while now but this is my first post, I am just a retired mechanical engineer (mainly steam turbines and high pressure compressors ) Im also a member of the welding web forum and the UK mig welding forum.
This latest project involved making a christmas tree from used horseshoes supplied by my daughter, it will be an extra surprise present for her when Christmas gets a little closer. Next move will be to give it a couple of coats of green paint.
    Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:49 am

Welcome Gordon

A lot better looking christmas tree than the one I made of 6 mm wire for sure :lol:
I assume she doesnt frequent welding forums, or the moment of surprise is lost :mrgreen:
gordon stephenson

Thank you for your kind words, Daughter will not be seeing it until Christmas, She is very "horsey" and sent me a picture showing a horseshoe christmas tree, BUT the shoes were the other way up, which is considered unlucky, so I did the one shown, It was a little fiddly to get the shoes all touching to be welded, but a little "adjustment with a hammer soon sorted that out.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome.

I'll be moving this to "general shop talk" momentarily.

Steve S
gordon stephenson

Thank you Otto, Hoping to learn a lot from the members here, Vast amount of knowledge and expertise
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Very cool! Be sure to show us the finished product. I am sure your daughter will love it. 8-)
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.

That's a great idea, Gordon. I've got a horsey friend here in Texas that will probably appreciate one of those. Well done.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch