Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
KyleC83
    Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:00 pm

I bought an Alpha TIG 200x a month ago, beginning welder, haven't used it much but started experiencing problems with the arc not stopping after releasing my foot from the pedal. I have the machine in the 2T setting like the manual suggests. The pedal does respond when pressed varying the arc amperage, just won't snap off at the end...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Thinking about returning the foot pedal for a new one, as it is still under warranty and doesn't require the whole machine being shipped back. I know an aftermarket torch would be better but don't want to spend the money at this time.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Does your gas flow continue after you release the pedal BEYOND the specified time. Just watch the flowmeter. If it continues flowing indefinitely after releasing the pedal, then the contact switch inside pedal is bad or out of adjustment. I had one customer with a pedal that developed this problem. Call AHP, they well get you a replacement pedal. After going throb some troubleshooting to verify the pedal is the issue.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk