Tig welding tips, questions, equipment, applications, instructions, techniques, tig welding machines, troubleshooting tig welding process
Danylo66
    Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:16 am

After welding for a half hour all of a sudden by tig welder will not hold an arc at low amps.
Its frustrating.
Has anyone experienced this problem?
Checked my ground checked and replaced my tungsten adjusted the gas. Pulled my hair out and cried.
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Danylo66

Waiting on an answer from Everlast. Maybe something is out of sinc.

What amperage are you welding at, and what size tungsten are you using?
Richard
Website
Danylo66

I use to be able to weld down at 10 amps with 1/16 electrode. now I cant weld below 30 amps. it just starts and fades away.
I have tried Lanthenated Thoriated Ceriated and E3 no luck. cleaned the ground and changed the collets. tried a new tank of argon. I know its a cheap Chines welder, but still it did work and nothing inside looks burnt. I am saving up for a better welder, but in the mean time id still like using this one.
MarkL
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 7:09 pm

Danylo66 wrote:Waiting on an answer from Everlast. Maybe something is out of sinc.
There is a welding forum at tractorbynet.com, one of the sponsors is Everlast and there's a company rep on there that is very active helping people resolve problems. You might check that out and see if he can help you.
Lincoln Square Wave 200
Lincoln 225 AC/DC
Harris Oxy/Acetylene torch
    Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:48 pm

I forgot about Tractorbynet, I used to frequent that forum quite a bit b4 I bought my compact diesel.. Good info over there.

Pete
Pete

Esab SVI 300, Mig 4HD wire feeder, 30A spool gun, Miller Passport, Dynasty 300 DX, Coolmate 4, Spectrum 2050, C&K Cold Wire feeder WF-3, Black Gold Tungsten Sharperner, Prime Weld 225
Danylo66

Thanks for the info guys. I'll try that tractorbynet forum.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Everlast Canada is located in Burlington, is that near you? I'm sure they could help.

EVERLAST WELDERS CANADA
5109 Harvester Rd. Unit A2
Burlington, ON L7L5Y9
Phone:905-637-1637
Last edited by Artie F. Emm on Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Sat May 24, 2014 5:55 pm

I'm curious, what are you welding that you're only using 10 amps for? I don't think I've ever welded at that low a setting... that must be some really really thin stuff
can't believe it took me this many years to buy a diamond wheel for my bench grinder... what a difference
Danylo66

I was just stating that the machine was capable of welds down to 10 amps. Razor blade challenge.
What I would like to try is to weld 18-22 guage sheet metal. For automotive repair.