Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm seeking a cryogenic tank, for liquid N2, O2, AR service, in the 160+ liter range. I'm looking for damaged/unserviceable stainless steel vacuum-jacketed.

My intention is to convert it to a cold trap for a vacuum pump.

Steve S
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I wonder if you could contact the big providers like Air Liquide, Praxair, maybe Liquid Carbonic and get the word out that you have a legitimate use for a damaged / out of service tank. Maybe?
Dave
aka "RTFM"

Artie F. Emm wrote:I wonder if you could contact the big providers like Air Liquide, Praxair, maybe Liquid Carbonic and get the word out that you have a legitimate use for a damaged / out of service tank. Maybe?
That word is already out.
Seems the people I need to talk to in these groups are concerned about liability issues. Never mind that I work on their liquid hydrogen and liquid oxygen transports...
Too many lawyers in the world.

Steve S
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Steve, we've been seeing some alarming images coming out of SW Louisiana- I hope you and yours are OK!
Dave
aka "RTFM"

Artie F. Emm wrote:Steve, we've been seeing some alarming images coming out of SW Louisiana- I hope you and yours are OK!
Thanks for the concern! I'm on high ground (such as that is here), and have not been affected by the recent flooding.

Steve S