Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
Cbking
    Sun May 03, 2015 2:57 pm

Came off a speedway sw-320 torch that I bought. Looks to be in great shape. I personally have not used it since I needed the Lincoln adapter. 25 plus shipping and PayPal fees
ImageImageImage
Cbking

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

I didn't realize that either Miller or Lincoln used dinse connectors. When did they start?
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Miller uses at least 3 different sizes of dinse that I know of.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
Cbking

RamboBaby wrote:I didn't realize that either Miller or Lincoln used dinse connectors. When did they start?
What would you call it? I believe that everyone calls it a dinse plug.

Cbking

According to cyber weld it's a dinse plug. http://store.cyberweld.com/tigtopoadsod1.html

Cbking wrote:
RamboBaby wrote:I didn't realize that either Miller or Lincoln used dinse connectors. When did they start?
What would you call it? I believe that everyone calls it a dinse plug.

The old boss had several blue and rex machines. All connections were either screw in or hard wired (I think). His machines definitely didn't connect like mine does.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
Jrb06
    Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:20 am

My Lincoln Precision Tig had it and that was a 2005 model so they have used it for awhile.
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Rambo, they switched to DINSE connectors on the Syncrowave when they updated the chassis AFTER they gave the old chassis the digital V/A meter. I can take a pic of what I'm talking about tomorrow if I remember correctly.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-

The old boss had a Lincoln square wave tig machine. I remember that it had the number 275 on it and it was a 325 amp machine. He told me that they only made that particular machine for about a year and a half because it had some kind of problem. He also had an older Miller tig from the early 80's but he only ever used it if the Lincoln went down. I'm guessing that was because it was a sine wave machine. It didn't have a water cooler so he had to hook it to the water tap.
If I remember correctly then the electrical connection for the torch on the lincoln was almost as big as a hockey puck and didn't stand five inches off the machine like mine does. I don't remember what it looked like on the miller because I never saw it get used while I was working there, only a couple of times when I went back for a visit.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
Cbking

Sold

GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Old to new, top to bottom. When they switched from the middle chassis to the chassis in the bottom of the picture is when they made the switch to DINSE as far as I know.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Sam, we have one just like the bottom picture at work, and two slightly older ones where the water cooler is integrated into the chassis, rather than "slide-out", that also use the Dinse connection.

I far prefer the slide-out cooler, since I recently had to replace a cooler fan in one of the integrated units, and it's a PITA compared to sliding the whole thing out and setting it on the bench.

Steve S