Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
    Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:17 am

I recently purchased an old Airco 300 amp heliwelder and the literature I found says it uses an RFC-23a amp/contact pedal. If anyone has one in working order I might be interested.
Thanks -Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Good morning, welcome to the forum! Does your literature describe the pedal in terms of electrical properties, such as ohms? If yes you can find a similar after market pedal. Finding an exact replacement may be difficult.

If you find a pedal with the right ohms you may need to fit it with the right connectors for your machine.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

I found this on the SSC Controls site:
www.ssccontrols.com/tig-cross-reference-guide/

Models That We Cannot Make

Models that use high-power rheostats that are not compatible with the SSC design.

Miller RFC-23A3 pin/2 pin (two twistlock plugs)
Miller®: Dialarc 250 AC/DC, Dialarc HF, Gold Star 330 A/BP and 320 A/BP

SSC does not make a pedal that replaces the RFC-23A, which uses a 15-ohm, 130-watt rheostat. Our design, like that of most welding pedals made today, uses a 2-watt, high-resolution rotary potentiometer for the weld current control. We suggest buying the RFC-23A from your local Miller distributor. Do not confuse it with the RFCS-23, RFC-23AG, or RFC-23GD25A, all of which are different models and use 130W or 300W rheostats of different resistance values (see the Miller website for info about different models). You can sometimes find these used on eBay, but remember to research with the seller to make sure the pedal works for your welder. Miller also sells some welder parts you can find through internet searches (such as Miller rheostat part number 175264) if you need repair parts.
Dave
aka "RTFM"