Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
Erik Mannie
    Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:36 pm

I listen to audio about 11 hours/day while I work, and there are only so many podcasts out there. Can anybody provide links to any welding (any type!) or metalworking (again, any type) audiobooks available for sale?

If I use my iPhone and YouTube for welding videos, the phone screen stays on because the app thinks I'm watching the video. This runs the battery down too quickly (requiring three portable chargers/day). I wonder why nobody has made an audio YouTube (there are only so many welding podcasts out there).

I wonder if Weldmonger would consider making an mp3 version of this https://weldmongerstore.com/collections ... dvd-bundle. I would be the first to buy it. That would be 46 hours right there. I could listen to the whole thing every week!

The Hobart Institute has instructional videos that are crazy expensive. I guess those are for corporations doing in house instruction.

What are the legal guidelines for downloading a welding video from YouTube and converting it to mp3 solely for one's own personal use? I would take the time to do this if I could do it on the up and up. You wouldn't do this for music on YouTube, not even strictly for your own personal use.

I wonder if it would be impractical for me to read a welding book (that I bought!) aloud and record my own mp3 to listen to at work. You have to think that I would end up fully comprehending the material after listening to it several times. You're not sharing that mp3 file!