Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

I'm looking to buy a few pounds of those in 1.6mm x 36" length.

718 1.2 mm x 36"   $53.00/lbs, 5 Lbs min 
718 1.6 mm x 36"   $48.00/lbs, 5 Lbs min

X750 1.6mm x 36" $66/lbs, 10lbs min
X 750 1.2mm x 36" $99/lbs, 10lbs min.

Ordering from Weld Tool Technologies out of Orange, California.  Not sure about country of origin, but for those prices I'm willing to bet overseas.

US or other NATO DFARS approved country. No China or India.

that's as per Weld Tool Technologies for the material source.

Come on, I'm sure someone out there needs this stuff ? Am I the only hobbyist making his own tokamak in his backyard/garage??!?!!?! :lol:

Wish I could help you Oscar, it'd be nice to have the work to need the wire
Richard
Website

LtBadd wrote:Wish I could help you Oscar, it'd be nice to have the work to need the wire
You don't need the work to have the wire! :lol:
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

I can get most nickel alloys from a local metal supplier by the pound without paying any premium. I just grab a handful and they weigh it. I could ship it to you at actual cost if interested. I will have to call them tomorrow to see if they have those specific alloys, though.

Spartan wrote:I can get most nickel alloys from a local metal supplier by the pound without paying any premium. I just grab a handful and they weigh it. I could ship it to you at actual cost if interested. I will have to call them tomorrow to see if they have those specific alloys, though.
Wow that would be awesome! Thank you very much for looking into it.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Oscar wrote:
Spartan wrote:Wow that would be awesome! Thank you very much for looking into it.
I don't know if my LWS (now Praxair) has it all the time, but they sold me 1 lb. of Tensileweld which I'm told is equivalent to Harris Super MissionWeld (stick), but tig rod. I was a bit surprised that it was only like $23/lb., but they thought that was outrageously expensive. It's literally like a couple happy meals... :lol:

I think it came out of a 10 lb. box which was left over when Praxair bought them.

Tensileweld is like 120,000 psi strength.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:
Oscar wrote:
Spartan wrote:Wow that would be awesome! Thank you very much for looking into it.
I don't know if my LWS (now Praxair) has it all the time, but they sold me 1 lb. of Tensileweld which I'm told is equivalent to Harris Super MissionWeld (stick), but tig rod. I was a bit surprised that it was only like $23/lb., but they thought that was outrageously expensive. It's literally like a couple happy meals... :lol:

I think it came out of a 10 lb. box which was left over when Praxair bought them.

Tensileweld is like 120,000 psi strength.
Not bad, but Harris Super Missile Weld TIG rod is about $13 a pound. I have a few 10lb tins of it I ordered from Weldingsupply.com. Never did use it though. One day. :lol:
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Oscar wrote: Wow that would be awesome! Thank you very much for looking into it.
Called them today. No joy for those alloys. Sorry about that. First time they've let me down....they have racks and racks of those superalloys, but not those. I'll still keep an eye out if I ever come across it, though.
TraditionalToolworks

Oscar wrote:
TraditionalToolworks wrote:Not bad, but Harris Super Missile Weld TIG rod is about $13 a pound. I have a few 10lb tins of it I ordered from Weldingsupply.com. Never did use it though. One day. :lol:
Well, there 'ya go, they did rip me off...but to me it doesn't matter, I only bought a pound of it...and didn't have to pay shipping. :lol:

Maybe they have some Inconel filler rod for you? ;)

Seriously, whatever it costs, just go buy some. Doesn't sound like you have an immediate need or you would have bought some already. It's just some happy meals in comparison to the cost of your welders. :D

EDIT: Oscar I had to dig through my receipts, it looks like they only charged me $18.99 for the 1 lb. of 1/16" Tensileweld, so I only got ripped off for a single happy meal! :lol: (I need to know how much they got me for!)

To my LWS's credit, they did give me some of the Super MissleWeld sticks for free prior to me buying the tig rod, and it was after Praxair took over when I bought the rod. I hate to admit, my only other choice in the area is <gasp> AirGas or <gasp><gasp> Welder's Heaven. The later you never know how much he will charge, the guy just pulls numbers out his arse. The Praxair is still my best bet, but Welder's Heaven has a lot of stuff Praxair doesn't have, a HUGE stock, but HUGE prices to match. Honestly, online is my best bet unfortunately other than gas.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

They're the only vendors that replied to my inquiry that wasn't crazy expensive. I'll probably order the 718 in both sizes, and the X750 in 1/16" and 3/32" ;)
TraditionalToolworks

Oscar wrote:They're the only vendors that replied to my inquiry that wasn't crazy expensive. I'll probably order the 718 in both sizes, and the X750 in 1/16" and 3/32" ;)
I would if you think you're gonna use it. It's just some consumables.

One thing about Inconel that I have seen in the past, I don't follow it too much, but most people I've seen welding it seem to use a purge fixture. That might also be something to consider if you don't have one.

Jonathan Lewis makes some really nice ones, Roy Crumrine posted some pics of one he got recently. Pretty nice looking unit, not as nice as Adam Booth made for Jody, but close and very nice none and less.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan