Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Upgrading some of my equipment to support larger (thicker) work coming in. This machine runs great. Well taken care of and fairly low hours on this one. Comes with original foot pedal, ground clamp, and euro-style torch.

Located in southern MD. Can meet within 2 hours drive, or can ship at buyer's expense.

$950/obo
IMG_1898.jpg
IMG_1898.jpg (57.64 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
IMG_1899.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg (46.53 KiB) Viewed 4328 times
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Whatcha getting? Something in the 300A class?
Spartan

Oscar wrote:Whatcha getting? Something in the 300A class?
Yep. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but leaning towards the 350EXT. Also considering the 255EXT, the Dynasty 280DX and the Invertig 400.

The 255EXT is a less power than I want, but it's the only one that is literally plug and play for my existing torches, pedals, shop wiring, cooler wiring, etc., so that's attractive and is slowing the decision a bit.

Even with the convenience of plug and play, the first time you need more power then.... :x
Richard
Website

Spartan wrote:
Yep. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but leaning towards the 350EXT. Also considering the 255EXT, the Dynasty 280DX and the Invertig 400.

The 255EXT is a less power than I want, but it's the only one that is literally plug and play for my existing torches, pedals, shop wiring, cooler wiring, etc., so that's attractive and is slowing the decision a bit.
Nice.

That was posted on their Instagram, lol
:D
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Yeah, my guess is Spartan would take that Invertig 400 in a NY second, but it's probably at least 2x the price of the green weenie 350EXT. :roll:

Just sayin', some of us are limited on funds Oscar! Don't be a Meyer! :lol:
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:Yeah, my guess is Spartan would take that Invertig 400 in a NY second, but it's probably at least 2x the price of the green weenie 350EXT. :roll:

Just sayin', some of us are limited on funds Oscar! Don't be a Meyer! :lol:
I'm limited on funds too, I had to eat $0.40 leg quarters for lunch and dinner for 3 months straight to recover from it! :lol:
TraditionalToolworks

Oscar wrote:I'm limited on funds too, I had to eat $0.40 leg quarters for lunch and dinner for 3 months straight to recover from it! :lol:
What's wrong with leg quarters?

I'm eating fish heads and rice...and I didn't even get anything near an Invertig 400! :P j/k
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Spartan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:I'm eating fish heads and rice...
Navy vet??
TraditionalToolworks

Spartan wrote:Navy vet??
No, married to a Japanese wife... :lol:

Actually the Japanese don't eat fish heads and rice, that's primarily the Chinese... :o

I will say this...my wife could feed our family for a week with rice and $5 worth of vegetables... ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:
Oscar wrote:I'm limited on funds too, I had to eat $0.40 leg quarters for lunch and dinner for 3 months straight to recover from it! :lol:
What's wrong with leg quarters?

I'm eating fish heads and rice...and I didn't even get anything near an Invertig 400! :P j/k
Nothing, I love them. I grill/smoke them up outside with mesquite/hickory/applewood and make my own charro beans and mexican rice. With very hot serrano pepper salsa of course! But to eat nothing-but for 3 months straight was a sacrifice. :)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

I just pickled some suckers a few weeks back.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
TraditionalToolworks

Poland308 wrote:I just pickled some suckers a few weeks back.
That wasn't when your Maxstar needed repair, was it? :D
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Spartan

Sold.

Spartan wrote:Sold.
On the leg quarters or fish heads? :lol:
TraditionalToolworks

Spartan wrote:Sold.
Curious, did you sell it on craigslist? Or did you sell it here?
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Spartan

Lol. I love leg quarters! Fish heads and rice, not so much. I was deployed in the pacific theater for years and it was a long running joke (sort of) to not get captured or else you'd be spending the rest of your life eating fish heads and rice in a prison camp...if you were lucky.

Traded it locally via other means to a renowned taxidermist in exchange for two whitetail shoulder mounts at the time of my choosing in the future. Couldn't pass up that deal for what he charges per mount.
TraditionalToolworks

Spartan wrote:Lol. I love leg quarters! Fish heads and rice, not so much. I was deployed in the pacific theater for years and it was a long running joke (sort of) to not get captured or else you'd be spending the rest of your life eating fish heads and rice in a prison camp...if you were lucky.
When I was in high school we used to joke about Chinese people eating fish heads and rice. I've joked with my wife a couple times but she just looks at me with a straight face and says, "Japanese don't eat fish heads and rice". :lol:

I like leg quarters in the smoker myself...
Spartan wrote:Traded it locally via other means to a renowned taxidermist in exchange for two whitetail shoulder mounts at the time of my choosing in the future. Couldn't pass up that deal for what he charges per mount.
Good on 'ya, sounds like a good deal for 'ya!

Now you get to be more serious about your choice... :)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
TraditionalToolworks

Spartan,

I went over to the green weenie site, and was kind of curious...

On the 255EXT the duty cycle is:
240V: 60% @ 250A/20V 100% @ 200 A/18V

On the 350EXT the duty cycle is:
35% @ 350A/24V 60% @ 280A/21.2V 100% @ 210A/18.4V

So, while the 355EXT does have a higher amperage the duty cycle doesn't look very good in comparison.

Was also curious when you mentioned your torches weren't compatible with the 355EXT, it seems to have a Dinse 35, foot pedal appears to be the same on it as most all green weenie machines, 22k potentiometer 7-pin. What were you referring to other than just not being able to handle enough amps? You could still use them AFAICT, but only when you weld at lower amperage. That's a plus actually as the lower amp torches are smaller. Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly.

I believe on the wiring you mean in the sense that you would need to upgrade it to handle the amps the 355EXT requires?

Manual says it operates at 29 amps, but inrush is 47 amps. Probably needs a 50 amp circuit.

The HTP Invertig 400 also will provide 350 amps on a 50 amp circuit.

Yep, the 355EXT is less than half the cost of the Invertig 400, just as I suspected. The Miller Dynasty 350 even up farther in the strato...not a lot of options in that high end...the Lincoln Inverteg 375 is not very portable and I'm guessing portability may be something you're looking for.

Anyway, good luck on your choice, not a lot of options out there.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:The HTP Invertig 400 also will provide 350 amps on a 50 amp circuit.
Just yesterday I ran a quick bead on some 1/4" steel that already had some stick-weld'ed bead padding on the other side, @ 350A. That puddle is wicked-cool! Very different than any other puddle, aside from the sheer size. I can literally see the shape of the liquid metal currents flowing in their "path" within the weld bead! Can't wait to see what 400A can do! 8-) I should have taken video of the input amperage, but this was a test run since I was just testing out my TIG button since the controls had to be revised, but now it's working perfectly with the 400.
Spartan

TraditionalToolworks wrote:Was also curious when you mentioned your torches weren't compatible with the 355EXT, it seems to have a Dinse 35, foot pedal appears to be the same on it as most all green weenie machines, 22k potentiometer 7-pin. What were you referring to other than just not being able to handle enough amps? You could still use them AFAICT, but only when you weld at lower amperage. That's a plus actually as the lower amp torches are smaller. Maybe I'm not understanding something correctly.
Yup, the 350EXT should be compatible with all of my current peripherals, the only issue for that one would be the shop wiring which would need an upgrade to 50A service as you mentioned. When I mentioned the 255EXT being the only welder on the list that was truly plug-and-play, I meant that it was the only one to meet ALL of the requirements to take it out of the box and start welding with it immediately using existing infrastructure and peripherals. All of the other machines would have one or more hangups (wiring or otherwise) that may prevent that if I didn't purchase the specific peripherals for those machines, or spend time and money doing conversions.
TraditionalToolworks

Spartan wrote:Yup, the 350EXT should be compatible with all of my current peripherals, the only issue for that one would be the shop wiring which would need an upgrade to 50A service as you mentioned. When I mentioned the 255EXT being the only welder on the list that was truly plug-and-play, I meant that it was the only one to meet ALL of the requirements to take it out of the box and start welding with it immediately using existing infrastructure and peripherals. All of the other machines would have one or more hangups (wiring or otherwise) that may prevent that if I didn't purchase the specific peripherals for those machines, or spend time and money doing conversions.
Speaking for myself, if it got down to it, I would get the bigger machine and use it on the smaller circuit at less amperage until I could upgrade the shop and get a 50 amp welding circuit. I say this in regard to you must have a NEMA 50-6R on the wall that you could just plug it into.

There's only like $500 difference between the machines, as I recall (talking out the side of my arse, I'm not looking at the green weenie site at the moment, it was yesterday). Even though the lower duty cycle, it does have the ability to go to higher amperage, and if that is truly what you need, don't cut yourself short, IMO.

That said, you know my take on Everlast, so I won't expound on that. ;)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
Spartan

Spartan wrote:

Finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on the 350EXT to serve as my "heavy duty" machine. The Invertig 400 was an incredibly close second, and I spoke with HTP at length about it on the phone. I imagine that I will be missing that fancy new AC asymmetric amplitude control that the Invertig offered at some point. We'll see...
Thatkid2diesel
    Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:38 am

Spartan wrote:
Spartan wrote:

Finally made a decision and pulled the trigger on the 350EXT to serve as my "heavy duty" machine. The Invertig 400 was an incredibly close second, and I spoke with HTP at length about it on the phone. I imagine that I will be missing that fancy new AC asymmetric amplitude control that the Invertig offered at some point. We'll see...
The Invertig 400 is sweet but 7k is a lot of money. I would have done the same and got the Everlast I think. Course I'm not welding for a living.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Hobart Ironman 210
Primeweld Tig225x
Primeweld 160st

350A is still a lot of beef though! I was throwing down 350A on 1/2" plate, just as a test run, and man that arc and weld pool are something else! If you hold a tight arc, you can actually see the weld pool liquid currents circulate as it starts to rotate down & around! Punched through 1/2" like nobody's business! Can't wait for another 50A to get the full 400A!