Welder to welder, post your welding machines, accessories and consumables or items you're looking for. Please read and follow the rules when posting.
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

As you can see, I don't need it anymore. :) $200 + actual shipping, FIRM. No trades. It's very light, so I doubt shipping will cost all that much, but then again it depends where you live. My Zip is 78045 if you want to figure out your own shipping costs using a 12x12x12 box weighing 3lbs. Paypal gift/friend or cashapp.

I retrofitted Miller Headgear into it, so it's super comfortable. Much better than the stock Optrel head gear, IMO. Obviously it worked great for me, but I'm sure your noggin is different, so I can't be responsible if you buy it and can't get it to "sit" correctly on your head. Sold As-Is, no returns.

Coldman
    Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:16 am

Hi Oscar, I'm busting in on your post, sorry!
Please tell me more about the Miller headgear, is it the infinity genIII? What is involved with the retrofit?
Thanks.
Flat out like a lizard drinkin'

No problem,

This is the actual headgear that I purchased off Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0082 ... UTF8&psc=1

I'm about to purchase another one so I can retro-fit it into my Crystal 2.0. All you have to do is cut out square holes into your existing helmet, like so:

The inside of the left side:

The right side is similar except it has an adjustability for how low you want the helmet to come down, as well as the "lock" mechanism that holds it up.

..and I just ordered another headgear set! :)
Spartan
    Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:59 pm

Looking forward to a review on that Crystal 2.0 that I keep preventing myself from buying. I've owned welders that cost me less than the price of that hood, but man it sure seems slick, and I've had to exercise a lot of restraint.

Spartan wrote:Looking forward to a review on that Crystal 2.0 that I keep preventing myself from buying. I've owned welders that cost me less than the price of that hood, but man it sure seems slick, and I've had to exercise a lot of restraint.
Here is the review: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=15312
v5cvbb
    Fri May 01, 2020 11:35 pm

I was really impressed with the specs and reviews of the 2.0. Luckily I'm super happy with the view through my ArcOnes. I can see better then I can weld so I'll spend money elsewhere. But that 2.0 light shade sounds nice. Enjoy Oscar.

The "shade 2" of the Crystal 2.0 is very deceiving. I would call it "shade 0.5", as there is practically nothing there! The e684 is like 10x as dark! The other hood that I have is what I would call a real shade 2 is the HTP Striker CSV. That one is lighter than the e684.

I was using it yesterday, and I realized I have to retrain my brain! I keep thinking that, even though the hood is down, that I don't even have my hood on and for a split second it freaks me out right before I strike the arc. Its like one of those "oh schit! I almost blinded myself ! Where is my welding helmet" kinda reactions! It is stupid-nice! I recommend this helmet over any welder or welding product/consumable ever.

You think you're happy. Until you try the Crystal 2.0, you wont realize just how miserable you are! :lol:
v5cvbb
    Fri May 01, 2020 11:35 pm

My S240 lens is listed as 2.5 light shade and is nice, but I can see the advantage to being lower. I'm certain the Optrel is far ahead of ArcOne, but for us poor people, it ain't too bad.

I'll just make sure to never use your 2.0. Ignorance is bliss.
UniqueTouch
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

would you entertain $125 shipped?

Sorry, I decided to keep it for higher-amperage welding.
UniqueTouch
    Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:27 pm

Dank. All good. I just really needed the filter. I bought an e684 new from someone and I never realized that they never put the protective filter cover on and I was stick welding and some crap splattered up on the filter lens. Luckily I found one on ebay for $125 plus shipping in great condition. Hopefully that will never happen again. Lol